moving platforms ? (irrbullet)

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
dark chazz

moving platforms ? (irrbullet)

Post by dark chazz »

As the title says, I'm trying to create moving platforms that the player must jump on top of.
I'm using irrbullet for my game and I'm having difficulty...

I tried setting the platform mesh as a BvhTriangleMeshShape, but it cannot be moved with "setLinearVelocity"

I tried setting it as a BoxShape and setting its gravity to zero, which worked, but as soon as I jump on it, it rotates and falls...

any advice on how to properly do it ?

thanks
Gnasty Gnork

Re: moving platforms ? (irrbullet)

Post by Gnasty Gnork »

Hm what happens if you parent the pg to the platform only when the pg is standing on it?

What is that falls? The pg or the platform?
Nadro

Post by Nadro »

BvhTriangleMeshShape supports only static rigid bodies. For rigid body with btBoxShape you must set angular factor to 0.
Library helping with network requests, tasks management, logger etc in desktop and mobile apps: https://github.com/GrupaPracuj/hermes
dark chazz

Post by dark chazz »

Nadro wrote:BvhTriangleMeshShape supports only static rigid bodies. For rigid body with btBoxShape you must set angular factor to 0.
Thank you.
I'm on vacation currently away from my development PC, but I will try this as soon as I can.
Granyte

Post by Granyte »

Maybe you should use a kinematic body for what you wanna do
andmov it manualy
dark chazz

Post by dark chazz »

Nadro wrote:BvhTriangleMeshShape supports only static rigid bodies. For rigid body with btBoxShape you must set angular factor to 0.
Alright.
I have set the angular factor to 0 and also adjusted the linear factor depending on which axis the platform is moving on, and now everything works correctly.

Thanks