Fog and far value

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
JunkerKun

Fog and far value

Post by JunkerKun »

Now there is this problem:
When I use EXP fog I need only a little of fog but the far value of the camera cuts the map. It's like a white wall in the distance. I don't think there is an easy way to ge rid of this effect (aside from making far value ridiculously high) so... what can I do to make it look like there is no culling? (like when you use a linear fog you can set its end to far value and there will be no wall visible)
FloatyBoaty

Re: Fog and far value

Post by FloatyBoaty »

maybe you could try changing the density... or set the map camera to ortho and set the position really close...
JunkerKun

Post by JunkerKun »

FloatyBoaty wrote:maybe you could try changing the density... or set the map camera to ortho and set the position really close...
I do change the density. The problem is a completely different thing.
FloatyBoaty

Post by FloatyBoaty »

I think I get the problem. You also need to make sure that all the objects have fog enabled: node->setMaterialFlag(irr::video::EMF_FOG_ENABLE, true);
JunkerKun

Post by JunkerKun »

FloatyBoaty wrote:I think I get the problem. You also need to make sure that all the objects have fog enabled: node->setMaterialFlag(irr::video::EMF_FOG_ENABLE, true);
Sorry for the late answer.
No, this isn't the problem. The problem is the culling distance. I found only one way of getting this right: making the distance higher so the fog won't cut with a geometry. The problem is that I don't really want to make it higher.
I guess there is no real solution for this.