Linuxproblems with Irrlicht

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
coffeefrombrazil

Linuxproblems with Irrlicht

Post by coffeefrombrazil »

Hello and many thanks for a very good 3d engine! I have some problems with it in Linux:

When compiling it on my schools computers that only has gcc 2.96 i have to remove the reference to swprintf to CIrrDeviceStub.cpp to compile it because of a bug in that compiler. Will that make the engine unusable? I can't compile any of the examples either. It says "undefined reference to irr::createDevice".

On my home computer, with the latest gcc and Nvidia GeForce 2 everything works fine except for the Quake levels. In them everything is white for some reason, except for some markers that are red and some polygons are in a darker color.

Thanks in advance.
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Hi, Irrlicht simply doesn't compile with gcc2.96, even if you come around the problems you found, there will be more after this.
the problem with the white textures has been discussed in this forum before, and we've found a solution for this. Also, it will be fixed in some of the next versions of the engine.