Open Source Irrlicht 3D Map/Level Editors?

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
carlwryker

Open Source Irrlicht 3D Map/Level Editors?

Post by carlwryker »

I'm looking for open source Irrlicht-based 3D map/level editors to play with. I've come across Irr RPG Builder, which I like. Are there any other free and open source ones that I should try?
Code::Blocks
mingw
Windows 10 64-bit
devsh
Competition winner

Re: Open Source Irrlicht 3D Map/Level Editors?

Post by devsh »

No not really.

But mant from the forums did a pretty clever thing and built a networked plugin for Blender which let him use Blender as a level-editor.
(You move stuff in blender, it notifies python plugin, python plugin sends message over network to your app, your app tells irrlicht what to do)
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Other alternative is that you build your own scene editor, which isn't very complex to do with Irrlicht. You can't build maps with Irrlicht like that, but you can import models and place them to create your scenes.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
AReichl

Post by AReichl »

> But mant from the forums did a pretty clever thing and built a networked plugin for Blender which let him use Blender as a level-editor.

Do you mean "Tubras"?
mant

Post by mant »

AReichl wrote:> But mant from the forums did a pretty clever thing and built a networked plugin for Blender which let him use Blender as a level-editor.

Do you mean "Tubras"?
It's me :D