Rendoring Problems

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.

Rendoring Problems

Post by Guest »

Hey

Been playing with the examples, notably the TechDemo and I noticed that using DX 8.1, moving the mouse moves the camera in steps. Is this just because it's still in Alpha, so if I started development it is something that would be fixed eventually, probably within a year or two? Also the OpenGL rendor often stretches textures at certain angles, presumably removing tiling at certain angles?

When fixes are made will it effect any code I write now, if so will it be anything dramatic or should regular visits be enough to catch any code changes? I would have thought any updates would be in the form of additional features and tweaks to the header files but complete restructures could be a pain in the arse for me :) Anything like this planned?
Gast

Post by Gast »

I don't understand anything!
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

You should search the forum some more for your answers. I just told somebody the other day how to make the mouse movement smoother. You can find that topic athttp://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... 7&start=15 and you will have to recompile the engine.

And the texture tearing has been discussed many times before and is a problem with the OpenGL renderer which Niko is working on improving.

As for future code changes, I wouldn't worry about anything in the future drastically affecting your current code. When a new version is released you will just need to link to it instead of the old one and use the new .dll. Of course, if you modify the engine code yourself then upgrading is a little bit more of a task...
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

There sometimes have been major changes. But since the software is pre-1.0, this should be expected and should not be a surprise.

By frequent visits for updates, if you check in once every month, you'll be fine. When it gets closer to 1.0, updates usually come more frequently.
Crud, how do I do this again?
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

Yeah, sorry, should have done a search first ( I know how annoying it is to go over the same things to noobs like me :D ) Yeah, I'm not confident enough to do a rewrite on the engine, maybe I can contribute some modifications that others could use when I feel a little more comfortable with the idea.

Fair play about it being an alpha, I'll just work as best I can. Being a noob at game programming will probably require a rewrite anywayz so it shouldn't be too bad. Cheers for the responses.