Anyone have the old Irrb code?

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
chronologicaldot
Competition winner

Anyone have the old Irrb code?

Post by chronologicaldot »

I'm looking for the tubras Irrb. Anyone still have the code for it? The original googlecode link is broken.
AReichl

Re: Anyone have the old Irrb code?

Post by AReichl »

I can still download it from:
https://code.google.com/archive/p/tubras/
chronologicaldot
Competition winner

That page is just giving me a 404. If you managed to get it, would you mind putting it up somewhere else temporarily? Thanks!
EDIT: Nevermind. I had Javascript off, so it was incorrectly reporting a 404. Why Google must you lie to me?
denzelbro

Post by denzelbro »

if you don't me asking guys, what's the advantage of Irrb over IrrEdit? aside from working your scene in Blender.
AReichl

Post by AReichl »

It has a "direct viewer" - you create a scene in Blender and can "directly" walk through it with the Tubras-Viewer.
Something i would like to see for Irrlicht. Maybe we could take the Tubras-Viewer as a base to develop our own.
denzelbro

Post by denzelbro »

same thing and even better with IrrEdit, its created by the guy who started this (Irrlicht) all. not sure though with the latest version, it's a mixed between coppercube.

I can see though if you know blender pretty well this is going to be an advantage.
Maybe we could take the Tubras-Viewer as a base to develop our own.
that's another good idea. :idea:
chronologicaldot
Competition winner

At the moment, I'm using an older version of Blender, so maybe Irrb will still work with it. It also might be a nice starting point for creating a new script for exporting from Blender.

I wouldn't mind having the code for IrrEdit either. I have the exe, but I'm on Linux, so it's useless to me.
denzelbro

Post by denzelbro »

chronologicaldot wrote:At the moment, I'm using an older version of Blender, so maybe Irrb will still work with it. It also might be a nice starting point for creating a new script for exporting from Blender.
I see and this I would like to see.
chronologicaldot wrote: I wouldn't mind having the code for IrrEdit either. I have the exe, but I'm on Linux, so it's useless to me.
Have some wine? :wink:
chronologicaldot
Competition winner

I forgot about Wine. I tried it out this evening, and for once, Wine didn't crash!
On the downside, IrrEdit turned out to be frustrating due to the camera control and the buggy viewport. (When I remove a viewport from the grouping container, it won't let me put it back in.)

Once I finish some other things, I'll be able to dig into IrrB. Thanks again guys!
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

Manh has a slightly better approach, he networked Blender with his game engine directly and you can see changes in realtime when you have both windows open :)