IRenderTarget with RenderTexture for OpenGL ES branch

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
TheyCrashAroundMe

IRenderTarget with RenderTexture for OpenGL ES branch

Post by TheyCrashAroundMe »

Hi at all! I was trying to compile my application for Android. I'm using Irrlicht 1.8 and I noticed that the "ogl-es" branch has skipped some versions, I think...
Basically, my application uses MRTs and I use the "RenderTexture" member of "IRenderTarget", but in "ogl-es" this file is completely missing.
Instead, from Irrlicht 1.9, the above file is present, in both "master" and "ogl-es" branches, but the class functionality has changed a lot (to add cubemaps support, as I understood), forcing me to rewrite my application.
This is some way to get Irrlicht 1.8 for OpenGL ES?
Thanks in advance!
CuteAlien
Admin

Re: IRenderTarget with RenderTexture for OpenGL ES branch

Post by CuteAlien »

It didn't skip versions, it simply hasn't had a release yet as it's still in development. Slowly these days as original coders of that branch all left and I'm not doing that much ES development currently.

And unfortunately - that new interface is one of the last todo's which are open on the 1.9 branch and will change once more. But not much - adapting mext changes should be quick for users I hope (stuff like getTexture should be getTextures now when it returns an array - and if we have getTexture it should only return first texture - basically getting closer to 1.8 again).

You could in theory try to check-out an old ogl-es version from svn froma few years ago. But not sure if that is a good idea. Check for date of 1.8 release and look for versions around those time.
IRC: #irrlicht on irc.libera.chat
Code snippet repository: https://github.com/mzeilfelder/irr-playground-micha
Free racer made with Irrlicht: http://www.irrgheist.com/hcraftsource.htm
TheyCrashAroundMe

Re: IRenderTarget with RenderTexture for OpenGL ES branch

Post by TheyCrashAroundMe »

I'll try to migrate to 1.9. Anyway, if I do "ndk-build" in the "source" -> "Android" directory, compiler complains about "error: no member named 'EDT_DIRECT3D8' in namespace 'irr::video'; did you mean 'EDT_DIRECT3D9'?" because "EDT_DIRECT3D8" became "DEPRECATED_EDT_DIRECT3D8_NO_LONGER_EXISTS". Code should be updated, I think.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was my mistake!