Project Raptor demo release no.4

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
Isometric God

Project Raptor demo release no.4

Post by Isometric God »

I have uploaded a new demo on saigumi's wonderful server today. The new demo now features different ship types, a heads-up-display and a lot more. Please have a look and tell me what you think.

Project Raptor is a classic space shooter game and to get the development going faster I am looking for some dedicated ppl. If you are one of those and want to work with me leave me a message or buzz me.

Thanks for reading 8)

http://www.eve-corp.com/Raptor
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

Grr... 6 more hours of work before I can download it.

I replayed the original last weekend because I just loved the way it played.

Have you put mouse control on your development roadmap yet?
Crud, how do I do this again?
DarkVisions

Post by DarkVisions »

I got a top score of 1337000... :lol:

Anthony
Soldier of infortune

Post by Soldier of infortune »

Is it possible to have the source code of this game ? :oops:
Isometric God

Post by Isometric God »

Mouse movement is on my TODO-list, but I didn't start working on that yet. I would like to hear your opinions concerning the new movement code. I think saigumi mentioned that it might be better not to slow the player's ship down before reaching the border lines.
t

Post by t »

Looks great.. keep it up :)
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

DarkVisions wrote:I got a top score of 1337000... :lol:

Anthony
I beat you... I got a top score of 1337001 :wink:

Oh, and I liked how it slowed down before reaching the sides. I thought that was pretty cool. Felt kinda weird at first, maybe it slowed you down just a little to quick. I don't know... but without that deceleration it feels like I'm just banging the sides now.
DarkWhoppy

Post by DarkWhoppy »

Pretty awsome 8)

I couldn't help but notice it leaves something running... it doesnt fully shutdown when you close the window. My little... demo is doing the same thing :?
t

Post by t »

Soldier of infortune wrote:Is it possible to have the source code of this game ? :oops:
I'd like to see the source too.. It would be very helpful for my own game.

But Isometric God has mentioned that he may want to sell his game, so I don't think he wants to share the source too openly.

That said, it'd be cool if he wrote a tutorial on the stuff he's done (collision detection, firing weapons, ship movement ) :)
Isometric God

Post by Isometric God »

After installing M$ Visual Studio .NET my harddisk suddenly crashed ( i.e. M$ certainly is evil :twisted: :twisted: ). For I did not expect this to happen ( who could have known that ? :roll: ) I lost quite a bunch of stuff. The last backup copy is from november 18th, so I will need some time to get back to where I was yesterday... :cry: :cry: :cry:

I would love to write some tutorials concerning weapons system and stuff. But for I am not a native speaker I would like to have somebody review the stuff I have written. Saigumi already has some HowTo's on this page, maybe we can put our stuff together...