My little framework

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Pink Floyd

My little framework

Post by Pink Floyd »

Hello guys,
even if I am a C++ and Irrlicht newbie, I have started trying to make a little framework which makes Irrlicht developing faster.

I've just started it and I have made only the "skeleton" of the library, I haven't yet finished to define the classes.

Anyway I've tested it a bit and I think it could be useful.

I post it here so you can give me suggestions and critics: try it and tell me if you found it good (or if you think it will be good when completed) or if it's completely unuseful.

I've manually wrote all the html documentation.

Here's the complete package:

http://www.neoborn.com/users/pinkfloyd/game.zip

See ya
schick

Post by schick »

Just a tipp use doxygen to document your C++ sources.
Please send me an e-mail instead of a private message.
Pink Floyd

Post by Pink Floyd »

yes I installed Doxygen but I haven't yet used it.

What do you think of my "wannabe-framework"?

A feedback from the coder of IrrGame would be very appreciated :wink:
schick

Post by schick »

It's a easy startup for Irrlicht users, but it limits the user to use your predefined gamestates.
Please send me an e-mail instead of a private message.
Pink Floyd

Post by Pink Floyd »

Has someone else had a look at it?
Michele

GAME

Post by Michele »

Siete ancora che lavorate a questo oppure no. Ho visto che esso ed esso non sono difettosi.
Wolf Dreamer

Is it suppose to do anything?

Post by Wolf Dreamer »

------ Build started: Project: 31505testnewthing, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Compiling...
GManager.cpp
\game\source\GManager.cpp(60) : error C2039: 'Run' : is not a member of 'game::GManager'
h:\game\include\GManager.h(32) : see declaration of 'game::GManager'
\game\source\GManager.cpp(62) : error C2065: 'config' : undeclared identifier
\game\source\GManager.cpp(62) : error C2227: left of '->device' must point to class/struct/union
type is ''unknown-type''
\game\source\GManager.cpp(62) : error C2227: left of '->run' must point to class/struct/union
\game\source\GManager.cpp(62) : fatal error C1903: unable to recover from previous error(s); stopping compilation
CIniFile.cpp
Generating Code...
h:\game\source\cinifile.cpp(250) : warning C4793: native code generated for function 'CIniFile::SetValueV': 'varargs not supported'
h:\game\source\cinifile.cpp(250) : error C2349: 'CIniFile::SetValueV' cannot be compiled using /clr: 'functions containing both copy constructed arguments and inline asm are not supported'; compile without /clr

31505testnewthing - 6 error(s), 1 warning(s)

---------------------- Done ----------------------

Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped
I created a new project in Visual C++ .net and loaded up the two .cpp files in source, and then tried to build. Thats the errors I got.

Anyway, if you want to help make Irrlicht simple and thus usuable for everyone, why not help with putting all of its functions into a .dll which Game Maker can easily access? Talk to this person over here http://forums.gamemaker.nl/index.php?showtopic=103763 who says they are doing that now, if you want to help.

I honestly don't see how anything can be user friendly until it has a simple interface. For example:
if mb_left
{node1.selected = true;}

Checks to see if the mouse button left is pressed, and then alters a variable in one of the nodes. See? Easy to do.

rotate_node node_name_here 10,0,0;
Thats x,y,z, so it'd rotate the x axis only.

Simple things like that should be done.
The last sane human being in a world gone mad

http://s8.invisionfree.com/Game_Maker_f ... hp?act=idx
haTem

Post by haTem »

Hello,

Since I am new to game programming concepts and C++, I've found your skeletal library quite useful. Reading your class definitions has helped me understand what the basic structure of a game in irrlicht should be. It has also solidified my understanding of gamestates and how they should interact with the engine.

While your framework would not benefit experienced users in the same way, I'm sure it will help many newcomers such as myself. Personally, I plan on only using it as a guide since I think I would learn more if I started from scratch and implemented the framework myself.