Online-RPG

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
Tequilla

Online-RPG

Post by Tequilla »

Hi!

I'm searching good modell- and leveldesigners for a freeware-project. The game I'm planning will be an online-RGP. I've got detailed plans of the game und have got the needed programming-knowlegde, but all that I have NOT are model- and leveldesigners. If someone is interressted I'll post details for it.

Please note: I'm German and the game will be german (ok, I think an english translation is also possible), but I'm searching for english-speaking designers, too.

Thank you!
stampsm

Post by stampsm »

hello i could help you out i am not that bad at modeling but i am not the best at texturing
i can handle the level design with no problem. i normally use anim8or but i have access to 3d studio max if i need it .
if you need my help just reply and give me details of what you want and i can give you some examples to look at based on what you give me
i have christmas break comming up so if you can give me any info before then i will have a good amount of time to work on it
stampsm

Post by stampsm »

hello i could help you out i am not that bad at modeling but i am not the best at texturing
i can handle the level design with no problem. i normally use anim8or but i have access to 3d studio max if i need it .
if you need my help just reply and give me details of what you want and i can give you some examples to look at based on what you give me
i have christmas break comming up so if you can give me any info before then i will have a good amount of time to work on it
Tequilla

Post by Tequilla »

Thank you!

I think texturing shouldn't be the problem. I found several sites which are offering free textures for games. Surely there are good textures for us :)
anim8or.. hmm.. Can anima8or create shadow-/light-maps, like Q3Build or something like that? If yes: No problem!
3D Studio MAX: If you've got a licence no problem. I don't think so, but if you say you have one it's ok. I can't test whether you've got a licence ;)

Like others just sayed the Level-Designer for Quake3 (Q3Radiant) offers good functionality and the build-programms (which come with Q3Radiant) generate shadow-maps.

BTW:
For model-designing I would use 'gmax'. It's a free version of 3D Studio MAX for game-designers. It offers almost every function of 3DSMax, except of rendering. But that's not needed. With a free plugin you can export the models to MD3, with Milkshape you can convert it to MD2. I think that's the cheapest possibility (except of programming a md3-meshloader for irrlicht.. Perhaps I'll do that).
stampsm

Post by stampsm »

i have gmax also
stampsm

Post by stampsm »

her is a picture of what i did
http://www.geocities.com/stampsm1/night_vision.html
and
http://www.geocities.com/stampsm1/untitled.jpg

the files are at
http://www.geocities.com/stampsm1/Untitled-1_copy.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/stampsm1/model.zip

geocities is giving me problems viewing the pictures i'll try to get it fixed
Last edited by stampsm on Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tequilla

Post by Tequilla »

Tomorrow I'll try to send you the details as PM (I try because my idea is very complex and my english.. hmm.. it's good, but I must look up many words in the dictionary to explain all stuff ;) )
stampsm

Post by stampsm »

the first link works
stampsm

Post by stampsm »

PM ?
Tequilla

Post by Tequilla »

private message.
I'm working on the design-document at the moment. I'll send it to you when it's done.
stampsm

Post by stampsm »

i checked out the german forum through a translation and a have general idea of what you want
one quick question can you walk non-stop from one end of the world to another, like in star wars galaxies, or is it like neverwinter nights, where the world is divided up into small separate sections.
this has a big affect on world design and object design.
thanks.
btw is the first picture appropriate for the general theme
or do you need something different
Tequilla

Post by Tequilla »

I think the world would be too big to let the player walk from one end to the other. I thought of dividing the world in towns. Inside a town you can go whereever you want. And inside of towns there will be severell taverns that you can enter. By entering, the town is unloaded and the inner of the tavern is being loaded. Everey town should has a market place. The main-streets of a town go from the market place (center) to the wall around the town. More details will be in the designdocument.

The picture.. hmm.. It should be a little bit more detailed. But if it has a 32bit-texture and the door is closed it would be a nice thing for a side street :) That's not ment bad! I'm sure you'll make a good job!
Tequilla

Post by Tequilla »

Ok, just if anyone ist interrested:
Here is the current version of the designdocument: http://www.crazy-monkey.de/rpg3d.pdf
I think it will be at least 12 pages, when it's done.
dragonrift

Post by dragonrift »

Ok, I am also making a online multiplayer rpg but since coming to the irrlicht engine which is more impressive then anything else we have found. We require some network programming assistance in c. I am looking for someone to work with my mysql programmer or seperately from him to help us get a networking solution. I realise this is a large thing to ask about but it don't hurt to bring it up.
stampsm

Post by stampsm »

if you can give me somesort of concept art i can start working on it by the end of next week
my work will be in 3ds since i don't know how to use bsp stuff but if someone else knows how to convert it it shouldn't be to hard
talk to you all latter
if anyone else needs any modeling (as long as it is not organic i.e. animals ect i am not good at this) just ask me and i can probably do some work for you i need concept art though
i am also working on a mech model that i can add animation to and save in in md2 if anyone is interested