Newton + Irrlicht = Newton++

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
ilbuzzo

Post by ilbuzzo »

Hi,
I've developed DMFLoader for Irrlicht 0.9 and I've used your wrapper in binary samples to show Newton physics capabilities applied to a base level created with DeleD.
I think you'll work is really useful but if you don't intend to continue please send me you current work at the following address buzzoathome@yahoo.it .
I'll try to continue myself to integrate physics in my games.
Thanks in advance :) .
zardoz

Post by zardoz »

schick,

could you put latest version on website somewhere temporary I am sure a lot of ppl want to download it.

I was going to use it for my game as well but I am only in very early development stage (planning mostly + working on models and textures).

thanks and I think your work is very important because it is an essential addon that makes irrlicht close to game engine and open more possiblities.
JoeWright

Post by JoeWright »

Schick,

If you email ( joe@nyrsound.com) it to me I can host it for download and I'll post a message here so everyone gets the link.

Joe
schick

Post by schick »

Hey guys,

nice to see some ppl are using the stuff i wrote. Well, here is the latest version i had on my disk. Well, as i can remember the last thing i was working at newton++ was to implement the "fluid" stuff (not finished). The demo source files can be found in the archieve with all the other stuff. Newton++ is sill based on Irrlicht 0.8. At the moment i am working on a FPS game in my spare time, but all suggestion to newton++ are still welcome. Newton++ is based on newton 1.31 and is still missing the "fluid" stuff (as i mentioned) and the most joints.

Grab it here:
www.allaboutschick.com/files/newton++_src.exe

Best regards,

Schick
Please send me an e-mail instead of a private message.
JoeWright

Post by JoeWright »

Thanks for the link schick.

I've got the thing compiled and working (demo1) but I'm getting loads of memory leaks on exit. At first I thought is was because the NewtonFactory wasn't being deleted but adding that didn't help.

Any ideas?

Joe
schick

Post by schick »

Hey Joe,

could you give me some more information?
JoeWright

Post by JoeWright »

Its been a while since I've used it (I know use my own wrapper) but it was fairly simple to replicate. Just compile and run the demos in debug mode on VC++ and see a load of leaks on exit.

Joe
schick

Post by schick »

Do you have a complete wrapper over Newton? I would like to complete Newton++ maybe i could complete it using your code.

Well, i tried it but i haven't found a memory leak so far. Maybe there was something from because i compiled the libraries with the MSVC Beta 8. I am using MinGW, there isn't a problem so far.

Thanks,

Schick
JoeWright

Post by JoeWright »

Schick,

Thinking back it may have been because the Irrlicht manager wasn't being released in the demo but I can't remember exactly. Maybe VC beta 8 was doing some garbage collection for you, I'm using an older version.

I will release my wrapper code at some point. It does cover a lot of things including some special joint stuff. In fact, it will include some custom motorised joint code when Julio releases the next SDK.

I'll keep you informed.

Joe