Mouse pointer in Linux

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.

Mouse pointer in Linux

Post by Guest »

I m working under Linux, and trying to create 3D stuff with Irrlicht and I can't get rid of the cursor on the Window. Is there a way around that? or must I just switch to windows?
Here's the code I m using:

//Creating the device to run on
device = createDevice(video::DT_OPENGL, dimension2d<s32>(640,480), 16, false, false, 0);

//Getting the drive for the device
driver = device->getVideoDriver();

//Creating the Scene Manager
manager = device->getSceneManager();

//Adding a FPS camera and getting rid of the camera
camera = manager->addCameraSceneNodeFPS(0, 0,0);
camera->setPosition(vector3df(0,0,0));

Thansk for having a look!! :)
sirshane

Post by sirshane »

There is no code for making the X cursor dissapear on the current release of Irrlicht. This might have already been fixed in the next version. Maybe Niko or somebody else can answer this? If it hasn't i'll be happy to make the fix.

I certainly hope that's not a reason for switching to Windows. :)
-Shane
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

I did not add this feature so far. But if you like, just post the code how to do it. :)

Post by Guest »

As I ve haven't really programmed anything graphical in C++ ... on a linux platform before, do you reckon you could post up the code for it?

Cheers

Chris
cochi

Post by cochi »

sirshane posted a modified CIrrDeviceLinux.h file on IRC yesterday. Although I haven't asked him if I may post it here, I simply do ;)

http://venom.feralfox.net/CIrrDeviceLinux.h

Hope that helps

Cya,
cochi

Post by Guest »

Thanx a lot everybody.