[DevC++] dll with directx 9.0c support available

A forum to store posts deemed exceptionally wise and useful
Joe_Oliveri

Post by Joe_Oliveri »

Yes this method works with 0.9! I tested it the same day as the release of 0.9!

If you have problems view the IrrDev Center Tutorial
Irrlicht Moderator || Game Designer
Learn the basics at </dream.in.code>

Post by Guest »

this don't work in version 0.9

i cant't get dx versio of irrlicht.dll

:cry:
AmigaIrr

Post by AmigaIrr »

ok, it works fine (i forget one option in c++ complier, stupid !)

ps: the guest was me) :roll:
L'eternité c'est long, surtout vers la fin...

Q6600 triton 79, 4 GO, 2* RAPTOR 150GO of ARECA 256 RAID 0, 3870 Zalmann, P5K. 24" Samsung. Antec nine hundred
garrittg

rebuild for irrlicht .09?

Post by garrittg »

if someone would be kind enough to rebuild the DLL and lib.a with directx support for irrlicht .09 and provide a ZIP like in the original post, i would be happy to host it. the DirectX.DevPak file is no longer being distributed :(
garrittg

Post by garrittg »

i have successfully rebuilt the windows v.09 Irrlicht DLL with directx 8.1 and 9.0c support but only for the debug versions of the D3D DLLs. if anyone has working versions of libd3dx8.a and libd3dx9.a for DX8.1 and DX9.0c it would be much appreciated if you contact me.

http://www.grandberg.us/gg.Irrlicht/IrrDX_v09.zip

NOTE: if you already have the D3Dx8d.dll and D3Dx9d.dll files in your system 32 folder, i would recommend that you do not overwrite them with these unless you feel comfortable doing so or you have problems running (ie not 8.1 and 9.0c versions). always make backups!
AmigaIrr

Post by AmigaIrr »

don't work with .010 version !!

:x
L'eternité c'est long, surtout vers la fin...

Q6600 triton 79, 4 GO, 2* RAPTOR 150GO of ARECA 256 RAID 0, 3870 Zalmann, P5K. 24" Samsung. Antec nine hundred
garrittg

Irrlicht v0.10 compatible build

Post by garrittg »

a MingW, DX compatible build of Irrlicht v0.10 is now available... and legal too. i found out that my last one was not due to the debug DLLs in the distrib. a big thank you to Budman from the Blitzmax forums for taking the time to build this legal DX compatible version of Irrlicht.

http://www.grandberg.us/gg.Irrlicht/IrrDX_v0_10.zip

Post by Guest »

any instructions on how to compile with dx for 0.10.0 in dev c++?
also in msvc?

Re: Irrlicht v0.10 compatible build

Post by Guest »

garrittg wrote:a MingW, DX compatible build of Irrlicht v0.10 is now available... and legal too. i found out that my last one was not due to the debug DLLs in the distrib. a big thank you to Budman from the Blitzmax forums for taking the time to build this legal DX compatible version of Irrlicht.

http://www.grandberg.us/gg.Irrlicht/IrrDX_v0_10.zip
I've replaces the engine's files whith those in your zip-file, but everytime when I try to start my application, I get the following error: "The application couldn't initialize (0x0000005). Click "OK" to exit the application".

What do I do wrong?

Post by Guest »

you should just need to put the .a file in the lib folder of mingw (or DevCPP) and rebuild your application. also, you need to place all the DLLs in your windows system32 directory. my guess is that your application is somehow still finding the DLL that comes with the v0.10 distribution. find all Irrlicht.dll files and make sure there is only one being accessed.

Post by Guest »

any instructions on how to compile with dx for 0.10.0 in dev c++?

:cry:

Post by Guest »

?

devpack = instructions ???

:shock:
genesisrage

Post by genesisrage »

has ANYONE figured out how to do this without using the debug versions of DX? whats the point of making it for DX if you have to use a debug version of the DX .dll's instead of the ones installed and updated automatically from windows?

Look at the post by Garrit above

Post by Guest »

He has the DLLs compiled non-debug.