Escape sequences? There are none!

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.

Escape sequences? There are none!

Post by Guest »

I have been searching for an engine like this for a long time, and when I found it, I thought i'd hit the jackpot. I downloaded the entirety of it, as well as the Dev C++ help thingy tutorial, and started. It won't work. I have no idea why not, i've gone through the code many times, and i'm thinking there might be some sort of incompatibility issue 'tween my version of Dev C++ and the engine. Every time i compile the project, it tells me (twice) that there is an error on line 211 of the bounding box header file (abb-something, i can't remember the file name off the top of my head). The error says that the unrecognized escape sequence \l is in there somewhere. Line 211 is blank! It's just a carriage return! I did one of those comprehensive file-search-thingies-for-windows, looking through the entire include directory for the string "\l", and it doesn't exist in any of the files! Obviously, Dev C++ can't figure out what's wrong, and is giving me some sort of filler message just to keep me happy. I'm not. The code was copied-and-pasted directly from the tutorial, and the instructions as to libraries and dlls and include directories followed precisely. I don't suppose someone could give me some idea as to what's going on here... I'd hate to have to look for another engine...
madinitaly

Post by madinitaly »

I'd check the macroes... look at the #defines