ICE - IrrLicht Common Engine Framework v3.0

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
keless

ICE - IrrLicht Common Engine Framework v3.0

Post by keless »

Okay, so the new version is here. Its pretty much finished, just needs project files for DevCpp, Vc6 and gcc.

So here it is: http://www.technomagicum.net/projects/IrrLicht/ICE/

Link to the old forum thread for v2.0: http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... php?t=1053

The ICE Framework is an attempt to provide a Framework, or skeleton project, for the IrrLicht Engine which will enhance rapid production of new projects. The ICE Framework comes ready-to-compile with example game states, such as an Intro, VideoConfig, Menu and FakeGame state.

Current Feature List (v3.0):
+ documentation!!
+ nicer directory structure!
+ easier to use abstracted game state class heirarchy
+ a compile-able Demo application to start you off
+ an XML file reader/author library (TinyXML)
+ OptionMenu saves/loads preferences from an XML file.
+ Video Configuration screen to let user set renderer/resolution/fullscreen/etc

Planned Features (v4.0):
+ XML-based GUI (a-la saigumi's discussion back in the day)
+ Drop-down or Windowed Console system
+ General message passing system
Last edited by keless on Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
a screen cap is worth 0x100000 DWORDS
Washi

Post by Washi »

I may not have been one of the people chomping at the bit, but I'm happy its out :)

Good to see you back in action again.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Does it include Linux makefiles?
keless

Post by keless »

no linux yet, but the directory structure is set up in a way to easily add them (put them under ICE/projects/gcc or the like). If you do this, please send me the make files so I can include them in the next release (and any code changes.. I think some of the #includes are case-insensitive in Windows but not linux, etc). Same goes for DevCPP, though I plan on doing that if no one else does once I get the 'finished' version 3.0 out.
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Cool, nice that ICE is going on. :)
keless

Post by keless »

Almost have a new update ready-- Its got new game states, a few bug fixes and more. As soon as its cleaned up, I'll post it, then I'm working on IrrlichtRPG again. When I get bored, I'll set up some DevCPP projects for both ICE and IrrlichtRPG, but thats low priority for me-- as always, if you make an improvment you want to share, give it to me.
Joe_Oliveri

Post by Joe_Oliveri »

I can't wait for 3.0 it sounds really good. I haven't downloaded the 2.5 yet becouse I'm just going to wait for 3.0 but it looks like this could help a lot. :)
Irrlicht Moderator || Game Designer
Learn the basics at </dream.in.code>
keless

Post by keless »

EDIT: oops, I found a bug already :oops: GSCNF_GUI_BTN_OK -> GSCNF_GUI_BTN_CANCEL for the cancel button in gs_ICEVideoConfig()
EDIT: fixed and uploaded

Okay, ICE_3.0.zip is uploading to my server as I type. So if you already downloaded the pre-release, get the new one and delete your old stuff. Same link, but now the files are 1mb larger.

The improvements over the pre-release include some bug fixes, a cooler looking Intro, a UserOptions gamestate (videoconfig can be chosen from that), a FakeGame state, and a final Credits screen on exit. Theres a little more documentation as well.

Short of getting some new project files for different IDEs (and assuming no one reports any bugs) this is a complete version. Any new features will be towards 4.0, but Im going to be switching back to IrrlichtRPG now rather than pushing for the next version of ICE.

If you have any questions or comments, you know where to find me. I love to hear from people when they're using ICE in a successful project!