New Water For IRRLICHT Works Good

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

I'll upload a binary example this afternoon for you colow, if it's not too late :wink:
jox
Bug Slayer

Post by jox »

@katoun: It is not good to post plain email addresses of others in forums especially without garbling them to protect against spam. brcolow posted his email here, thats brave enough and his own responsibility. But he "crypted" it for good reason (using [AT] and [DOT]). Now that you posted it "decrypted" his effort is for nothing. So it would be a good idea to edit your posts and remove the addresses before it's "to late". (Well, the one with the typo you can probably leave and make some spammers happy ;) )

Btw. I'm not sure if it really helps to use the [AT] and [DOT] stuff nowadays. It became such a common pattern that it should be no problem for email spiders to recognize them.

Anyway, this is just a well meant advise. Keep up your good water work. :)
It is like it is. And because it is like it is, things are like they are.
Fraza

Post by Fraza »

I find using [A in a cute little circley thingie] and [ickle bitty point] help. I don't get any spam :D.

Also, my email add is in my profile and I don't get spam, so I think these forums are pretty safe.
jox
Bug Slayer

Post by jox »

Fraza wrote:I find using [A in a cute little circley thingie] and [ickle bitty point] help. I don't get any spam :D.

Also, my email add is in my profile and I don't get spam, so I think these forums are pretty safe.
Thats your opinion. When did you join? One and a half month ago, just be patient. No place in the net that can be found via search engines is safe. The bad thing is, once you're in any spam list, you'll never get out.

Also, everybody can do with his own email address whatever (s)he likes. But exposing addresses of others is what I was critizising.
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

Jox is right. Just wait for those "squids" to find those cute symbols and you'll be infested with spam in no time!

It also became a matter of netiquette, so using the words "at" and "dot" is the rule nowadays. I guess it will be a matter of time for the bots to start detecting those as well, so we'll have to start thinking of something new :wink:
katoun

Post by katoun »

I'm so sorry I didn't knew about that , I'm realy sory. :cry:
It will never hapen again.
And for security I think sending emails would be safer.
What about private messages?
Kat'Oun
jox
Bug Slayer

Post by jox »

katoun wrote:I'm so sorry I didn't knew about that , I'm realy sory. :cry:
It will never hapen again.
And for security I think sending emails would be safer.
What about private messages?
No problem, now you know. :) Exchanging email addresses via private messages should be the safest way.
Bot_Builder

Post by Bot_Builder »

Nice job, nothing new to me though, did this all the time in b3d although it wasn't builtin. With special shaders it'll look spectacular. literally.

Anyway, as far as implementing LOD - it could work, depends on the algo though. Some are optimized to preprocess so LOD might be limited although very cool feature. This could work rather well for say, undisturbed ponds to be totally flat. Then, once disturbed by the player it would generate a nice high poly ripple, while the remaining flat areas are still basic quads. once the ripple propogates and the water calms enough (threshhold) it could once again be replaced by a quad. Unless there is a problem with this in the pixel/vertex shader. Ooooh. There's an idea - later implementations of this could be a vertex shader.

I experimented in blitz3d with a type of sea-water where the water was composed of vertices evenly spaced from the viewers perspective. These vertices had a height/x/y determined by doing a line pick through the mathematical surface of the water. This way closer vertices were closer spaced thus more detailed and farther vertices were more sparse. It was also neat because really there was no water except the water in the camera's view. And the number of polygons devoted stays the same unless you look into the sky. The only problem was that the user could tell that the vertices were oddly connected to the camera, which made it a bit disorienting, but cool.
ImageXP SP2, AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1GB HyperX RAM, Radeon X700 Pro (PCI-e), 120GB SATA drive :)