Unable to locate Component

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Brandon9213

Unable to locate Component

Post by Brandon9213 »

I'm having a hell of a time trying to get get this started :(

I searched the forums and haven't been able to see any kind of solution to this problem, but what it boils down to is that Irrlicht.dll cannot be found when i try to build in ANY .NET language. In C++, I've set all the IDE Options and directories to point to for the Library and Include folders correctly. When that failed (even on the provided "Hello World" sample project), I attempted to give it a shot in C# and in VB. I referenced the Irrlicht.NET.dll correctly in all languages and I keep running into the same error. It's saying that the .dll could not be found (Fatal Error). In VB or C#, I don't understand how it's possible, as i'm physically looking at the .dll sitting in my reference folder... and I haven't seen any documentation on any required assemblies needed. I'm really at a loss here as to what the problem could possibly be. I really hope that I'm overlooking something very simple, someone shed some light, please? (Using Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect 2003, Windows XP Pro, Irrlicht Engin 0.9)

Thank you in advance,
--Brandon
dopyiii

Post by dopyiii »

Have you tried putting it in your debug folder? Sorry it's only one suggestion, but it's the first :wink:
Brandon92131

Post by Brandon92131 »

*slaps forehead

You know, thank you so much for your suggestion - and it was very close to the solution!

I misread the comment in the VB .NET example that says 'if it throws this error <error>, then you need to copy the Irrlicht.dll to the working directory'

I was mistaking Irrlicht.NET.dll for Irrlicht.dll. I didn't realize BOTH had to be in there (which makes a ton of sense). I appologize for the thread.

Thankfully it's resolved now though!

--Brandon
dopyiii

Post by dopyiii »

I'm glad that I could at least help a little :D