Dungeon Tech

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
area51

Dungeon Tech

Post by area51 »

Hi,

I would like to announce my current project, Dungeon Tech. http://gameputty.com/DungeonTech/

It?s far from finished but is stable, so feel free to have a look.

Info on your graphic card, processor, and frame rate would be very much appreciated
If you could spare the time.

Many thanks
area51
________
One Vaporizer
Last edited by area51 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keless

Post by keless »

cool, keep it up.

where'd you get the textures? i notice a couple snaked from wow; mind if I borrow some of your gui textures for IrrlichtRPG as temp art?
a screen cap is worth 0x100000 DWORDS
area51

Post by area51 »

Hi, thanks keless.

Sure, you are welcome to anything in the zip file, bearing in mind they are not mine to start with.

The GUI Textures are from the Dungeon Lords Demo http://www.fileplanet.com/151691/150000 ... Lords-Demo

The game is well worth the time of a 315 Meg download btw
________
Buy Glass Pipes
Ronin

Post by Ronin »

Looks really good, looking forward to a further demo with some more gameplay elements in it... keep it up!

But do you really have permission to use artwork from Dungeon Lords and Elder Scrolls Oblivion in your demo? If not, that'd make it illegal.
You can get free textures in the net though which should fit your needs, try searching this forum or google to find some links...
YASS - Yet Another Space Shooter - www.yass-engine.de
etcaptor

Post by etcaptor »

Looks nice - that is one from my favourite style.

You probably want to get some notes for improvements right?
I decide me to write somes:

1. Sometime player sticks and can walk ahead only after hit with weapon /but there are nothing to hit/ I assume that it is collision related problem.
2. When player provide battle with enemy, I cannot feel that hit the enemy. I suggest thAT there are not collision between player's weapon and enemye.
Can be improved.
3. About framerate /13 fps Pentium 3 800mHz, Ati All in wonder 128 pro 32 MB/ By me this is good result for this hardware.
ImageImage
Site development -Rock and metal online
--- etcaptor.com ------freenetlife.com

Post by Guest »

It's been in closed development, ie only on my hard drive, until now. And then only on Irrlicht related sites, mainly to show you guys what i've been up to.

I will remove the download link and go back into hiding for a couple of months until it's further developed, then will be back, hopefully with some original resources and additional features.

Thanks for the feedback etcaptor, am working on the combat system atm, feels very slung together and disjointed at the moment but wanted to get something out to show.

To be honest, I was getting a bit sick of develping it, so I really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks guys
area51

Post by area51 »

...forgot to log in :?
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD
Soy1Bonus

Post by Soy1Bonus »

Around 40fps.

Pentium 4M 1'2Ghz
256 Ram
ATI M6 Mobility 32Mb

This little demo looks impresive. I like the dice rolling and the movement of the weapon.

Good Job.
squareball

Post by squareball »

I checked it out, and did some minor bug testing for ya.
about 50fps
athlon xp 2500
1gb ram
128mb geforceFX 5200

Biggest bug I noticed: Clicking in the direction of objects. The mouse pointer ignores walls. Oh, and another thing...so does Mr. Skeleton (lol, scared the crap outta me, I wasn't expecting the skelly to come flying through walls for me)

Other bugs: In the chat box, the text isn't shown while being typed.
I'd mention other bugs, but I think they've already been mentioned.

I like what I see. I wish I could help ya figure out the clicking through walls thing, but I'm still fairly new with Irrlicht, and haven't made my own demo yet.

I hope to see you complete more of this. The movement and animations are very smooth, and I noticed the Dungeon Mistress says something when clicked, which is nice as well.
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

great work area51!

I just downloaded and ran it in linux using winex, ehehehehe. But performance report wont help here. Let me try it on my win machine and post some data on performance and specs.

But the general ambiance of the game and the menus look n' feel very pro to me.

kudos dude! :D
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

Wait! Last time I tried it I was compiling some stuff on the background that made performance lousy. But I just retried it with the pc idle and things got better !!

It reminded me of hexen! I loved that game!

AMD sempron 2400
512 MB RAM
GeforceFX 5200 128mb
Gentoo Linux 2.6.11-r6
Nvidia 1.0-7174 driver
45-60 fps average, opengl 1.2 (60 fps is the limit since vsync is on)
sound works great!!! Can't believe you achieved that w/audiere!

:D
Next test will be on the win box with better specs. :wink:
Last edited by afecelis on Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wolf Dreamer

Post by Wolf Dreamer »

I attacked the skeleton, then ran off, and it still hit me apparently even when I was down the hallway, and I believe I could still hit it.

The documentation on your site looked interesting to. Going to make a nice dungeon maker out of Irrlicht it seems.
The last sane human being in a world gone mad

http://s8.invisionfree.com/Game_Maker_f ... hp?act=idx

Post by Guest »

Thanks again guys for the machine info and bugs. Really appreciate your time. (will credit in release note)

I will fix the above mentioned bugs before moving on to new functionality, and then return when I have a major new release.(couple or 3 months I recon)

Many thanks :D
area51

Post by area51 »

forgot to login again... :oops:
________
Nevada marijuana dispensary
Last edited by area51 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
squareball

Post by squareball »

I haven't tested to see if this would work, but I've been thinking.
Would it be possible to disable a use/attack event if the x, y, and z distance is too far between the camera and the object?

I know little about terrain, so I'm still unable to think of something without making it hardcoded, so I'm unable to think of instances where a player and creatures are within clicking distance but on opposite sides of a wall.

Another minor bug I recall: The npc names appear through walls.