Game: economy and management

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Brinsky

Game: economy and management

Post by Brinsky »

Let's suppose a game is near completion or its progress is directing towards it. Let's say it's a huge dynamic game, with great graphics, u.i, a.i., sfx and everything that goes with greatness. Any suggestions whom to contact? What is the standard procedure with publishing houses? What should one be aware of (except getting ripped off)? Any experiences?!!
10 I lovez my computer
20 goto 10
Joe_Oliveri

Post by Joe_Oliveri »

Well first of you shouldn't complete a project before approaching a publisher. What you do is create a demo game with a complete design document. Then you give it to the publisher.

However being noticed by a publisher is the hard part. Unless you have inside sources and/or have work on a well know game chances are you will not hit a deal anytime soon.

There are a few publishers who look around the independent game scene but they really don't get you further then a few online stores.

What you really want to do is keep your independence and self publish via purchasable download from your website. This will get an income and there is a chance that a publisher will like your work and publish your next title.

You should look around http://www.gametunnel.com and see what other independent developers have done.
Irrlicht Moderator || Game Designer
Learn the basics at </dream.in.code>
Brinsky

Post by Brinsky »

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks man.
10 I lovez my computer
20 goto 10