[Solved] getElementType()?

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Midnight

[Solved] getElementType()?

Post by Midnight »

I need to derive an element by type not by ID or by position... preferably the entire element code such as:

env->addbutton((rect<s32> 23,23,23,4)9,0)

this would make alot of things easier.

is there a way to get this from:

list<IGUIElement*>::Iterator it = listElement.begin();
for (; it != listElement.end(); ++it)

??
Last edited by Midnight on Sat May 21, 2005 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jox
Bug Slayer

Post by jox »

Unfortunately IGUIElement has no getType.

You could use "Runtime Class Information" ("RTTI") and use "dynamic_cast" to find the class type.

Use the quoted words to google for more information.

Note that this feature must be enabled in the project settings of MSVC.
It is like it is. And because it is like it is, things are like they are.
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

I'm afraid I'm far too noobish to follow the tutorials instructions for such a function...

it seems easier to add my own list class with a element return type function.

I've already got one included with my project all I need now is for someone to help me get the element and return it and how to call the function in my program... I'm a noob man plain and simple care to help? please? :roll:
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

It would apear that guice has gone beyond my current ability well its kind of always been that way.

I really need somebody experienced to help on this project full time.

I would be happy to learn and can run a voice server I'm available all hours of the day and totally devoted to this project but it's a bit overwhelming for someone so inexperienced such as myself.

I know I've said this a million times but I'm determined to get somebody involved.

the project will most likly be abandoned otherwise. :(

I have really cool ideas that are only halted by my failed attempts at even the basic functions.
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

It's Amazing but yet again I've underestimated myself and Irrlicht this time.

I have completely solved "most" of my problems and man was it easy once I sat here for hours thinking and coding. :roll:

I've found a way to distinguish between elements and I have rewritten the save code for Guice...if this works out any better I'll be releasing a brand new version of Guice soon.

keep your eyes open for Guice 0.2 coming soon.

I'm also going to keep the answer to myself for Project related reasons I'll provide more information on the Guice 0.2 thread when I post it.