What you think about Irrlicht GDK

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
grayman

What you think about Irrlicht GDK

Post by grayman »

could somebody make and irrlicht gdk, i mean (game development kit) with irrlicht, a good framework and external apis like cal3d, raknet, newton, fmod or the best ones what consider, this is good because all this apis make easy add cool features to your games but sometimes is hard to choose the correct api and is hard compile them and is hard find information about a concrete implementation method, if somebody understand my nasty english please translate this.
TheApprentice

Re: What you think about Irrlicht GDK

Post by TheApprentice »

grayman wrote:could somebody make and irrlicht gdk, i mean (game development kit) with irrlicht, a good framework and external apis like cal3d, raknet, newton, fmod or the best ones what consider, this is good because all this apis make easy add cool features to your games but sometimes is hard to choose the correct api and is hard compile them and is hard find information about a concrete implementation method, if somebody understand my nasty english please translate this.
Some many want Newton, others ODE. Just -one- example :wink:
AssiDragon

Post by AssiDragon »

I'm sorry to say this, but if you can't make an API for yourself (dead easy apart from a few times) go and fiddle with a game that's opensource (say Quake2 or Freespace2) or learn C++ (doesn't really hurt actually)...

The problem with GDKs is they are restrictive. They only allow specific usage for one game-genre, apart from a few exceptions.
Staring through eyes of hate we kill
Are we controlled, or is our own will...?
(Edguy)
Joe_Oliveri

Post by Joe_Oliveri »

I will take this opportunity to plug my friend. If your looking for a good GDK that uses Irrlicht go to www.3dcakewalk.com It is a nice editor, I few bugs but the team seems to take care of them fast. With new releases every 2 or 3 months.
Irrlicht Moderator || Game Designer
Learn the basics at </dream.in.code>
grayman

???

Post by grayman »

i mean another thing, i say this because somebody has used the apis and knows what work better is like a poll about what use and just make a package with that and a more complete documentation and tutorials but anyway i dont know how say it but you know about realmforge, that is a gdk and seems so powerfull but i cant do nothing with it for this i prefer irrlicht