C# Compile Error

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Horn

C# Compile Error

Post by Horn »

When I try to compile a basic program using the Irrlicht engine I get this error:

Code: Select all

The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
I have the Irrlicht.dll in my project dirctory, my system32 directory, and the bin directory. I'm using the latest VS 2005 C# Express beta. Does anyone have an idea of what I'm missing?
Horn

Post by Horn »

I've gotten the same program to work by using an older version of the wrapper and engine (0.9 I believe it is - I copied it from Quattro). Has anyone gotten the 0.10 release to work with C# Express?
lvanderree

Post by lvanderree »

It works for me without a problem, with both irrlicht.Net 0.9 and 0.10 in both sharp-develop and C# express 2005 beta.

You say you've copied the Irrlicht.dll to your project directory, but (just to make sure) did you also copy Irrlicht.NET.dll into this directory?

What I've done is:
1. Make a new c#-helloworld project ,
2. Compile it so you've got a running (debug) exe file.
3. Copy both Irrlicht.dll and Irrlicht.NET.dll from irrlicht-0.10.0\bin\Win32-VisualStudio\ (from the zip) to your debug directory.
4. Add the reference to the Irrlicht.NET.dll in your c# project.
5. Create a c#-helloworld-irrlicht.net example (see irrlicht-0.10.0\examples.net\01.HelloWorld_cs\Example.cs in the zip).
6. And compile this.

It works for me in both IDE's

Goodluck
Horn

Post by Horn »

I can the program to run when I use sharpdevelop and .10 but I still can't get it to work when compiled with the C# .Net beta.