My3DTools v3.16 updated (with patches to Irrlicht 0.10.0)

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
ZDimitor

My3DTools v3.16 updated (with patches to Irrlicht 0.10.0)

Post by ZDimitor »

----------------------------------------------------------------
New features in My3D Tools v3.16 - Jun 3, 2005
----------------------------------------------------------------

1) Made some changes in My3DLoader
2) New patches to Irrlicht Material Renderers (see file my3d_irr_patch/IRR_PATCH.txt),
3) Now My3DTools is compatible with Irrlicht 0.10.0

To read more about My3DTools visit this page
http://my3dproject.nm.ru
Pr3t3nd3r

Hi

Post by Pr3t3nd3r »

I just want to say that your stuf is one of the most important add-ons to Irrlicht. Very very nice. ( also i have to admit i haven't test it .. but there is time and need :D )
ZDimitor

Post by ZDimitor »

Thank you.
Other

Post by Other »

Please tell more about my3d or place a link.

thank u
My Irrlicht&ODE-Project: http://www.lofing.de/myworld/
katoun

Post by katoun »

Good I started to like your format more than 3ds( :D and 3ds is the first format I first learned about when I started to learn C/C++)

2 sugestions/requests:

-now Irrlicht load my3d as a mesh but can you make the loader load like the collada forma, so you can export in my3d light and other stuff like octrees so Irrlicht would not nead to create the octree when loading( that would be usefull when loading big worlds)

-can you make your format have LOD suport?
I have asked Niko about LOD ( for big world -a some sort of Portal Redering with LOD) and sayed right now hase other plans for Irrlicht but he dayed more that Irrlicht has in an way LOD support somewere at the mesh loading( he sayed there is a LOD flag or sumthig-I saw it my self but I don't remamber where it was exactely right now)
My need of that is to be able to have huge world like in Morrowind (wich has a sort of portal rendering with LOD ) .
If you can do it than it would be a huge think for Irrlicht and the comunity and I would be gratefull to you.

Good luck further. 8)
Kat'Oun
jeffdran

very nice

Post by jeffdran »

yeah, as everyone here has said, very nice add-on. I love it. Keep up the good work. Maybe I can ask you for some help later for a few engine mods I'm trying to do.
grayman

i love my3d

Post by grayman »

i love my3d and ive choose it for all enviroment and scenarios but i dont know how recompile the irrlicht 0.10 with the patches, could somebody recopile it and put it somewhere to download?
etcaptor

Post by etcaptor »

Just replace new patched files, open Irrlicht project witch your IDE and compile it.
ImageImage
Site development -Rock and metal online
--- etcaptor.com ------freenetlife.com
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

Thnx Dmitri!!!!

one more kick-ass release!!!

too bad now I get the info a bit late. I promise to post up those tuts as soon as I get my internet back :D
MyDragon

Post by MyDragon »

i have a problem loading the textures: it always adds some strange prefix to the code. After a bit of experimenting and trying i figured out it must be something with the texturepath and WorkDir. Now in the loader i commented some lines and tried to run it and now the textures load. However i want to be able to specify my own directory. Any idea?

Post by Guest »

Ok im running MS Visual Studio 6 and see this in the code:

core::stringc file_name = file->getFileName();

this only gets the filename in my case, nothing else (no path). Which makes this return 'random' crap:

core::extractFilePath((c8*)file_name.c_str(), (c8*)WorkDir, 255);