Tokamak Scene Node

A forum to store posts deemed exceptionally wise and useful
Boogle

Tokamak Scene Node

Post by Boogle »

If anyone's interested, I've created a more general Scene Node for implementing Tokamak objects then the one given in the tutorial. The node does not contain any geometry itself but allows its children to be represented by neGeometry's in an neRigidBody.. (I hope that makes sense.. :) )

In any case, it can be downloaded from http://members.rogers.com/jamiegoodfell ... neNode.zip

I still have to complete the addTokamakChild method so that geometries other then boxes are allowed, and will do this within the next few days.

If anyone is interested in using it and needs help I can also create a quick tutorial for it.. Let me know what you think
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Cool :)
Just post when it is done, I'll announce it on irrlicht.sf.net if you like.
VeneX

Post by VeneX »

There is an error message at my computer with VC++.
He can't find StdAfx.h and when I seach for that file I find more than 30 files. So far I tried there isn't the good one in it...

Can you please include it?
Visit my website @ www.venex.be
Plethora project will be added to the site
AMD AthlonXP 2600+, 512MB DDR, Radeon M10 (mobile 9600) PRO 64MB, WinXP
Boogle

Post by Boogle »

Oops.. that seems to be a file VS.NET creates and includes in every class I make.. you can probably just remove the include. The file contains:

#pragma once

// Exclude rarely-used stuff from Windows headers
#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN

// Windows Header Files:
#include <windows.h>

// C RunTime Header Files
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <malloc.h>
#include <memory.h>
#include <tchar.h>
Boogle

Complete!

Post by Boogle »

Well, it seems to be complete. Let me know if anyone has any questions on how to use it. Also, if anyone feels like implementing any of the 'possible improvements' I listed at the top of the header file, feel free! :D

http://members.rogers.com/jamiegoodfell ... neNode.zip
Boogle

Post by Boogle »

Oh and Niko, if you want to put up a notice that the class is available on irrlicht.sf.net that would be cool :) thanks
Gorgon Zola

Post by Gorgon Zola »

Yeah, You did it. The simplicity of Irrlicht forwarded to Physics simulation :)

I'll adapt the Your SceneNode for ODE, if You don't mind.

I think a higher oder SceneNode (HSN) to reflect joints between TokamakSceneNode (TSN) would be a nice thing to have too. Then it would be really easy to build the rag dude. Just add the TSN to the HSN at the right position and set the joint type.

Don't know if it will be that easy but basically that's what i'd want. :wink:

What do You think Boogle?

Cheers
GorgonZola
Boogle

Post by Boogle »

Sounds like a good idea. I haven't put much thought into joints yet because I don't use any in my current project.. but I'll think about the structure and see if I can come up with something.. also if you come up with a good structure for ODE joints we can adapt that for Tokamak joints as well. :)
VeneX

Post by VeneX »

err, there is the code #include <tokamak.h> but...
I couldn't find tokamak in the SDK of tokamak, where can I find it?
Boogle

Post by Boogle »

Tokamak can be downloaded from http://www.tokamakphysics.com/. I would recommend also going through the Tokamak Integration Tutorial (http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/tut008b.html), which doesn't use my class, but is a good introduction on how Tokamak works using Irrlicht. My class handles the adding of Tokamak Geometry and linking it to Irrlicht Scene Nodes, but it does not handle much else (eg inertia tensors, object mass, etc). You still need to understand how Tokamak works, and the tutorial handles all that.
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

I've announced this Scene Node on irrlicht.sf.net, together with the md3 loader. Boogle, if you need, I can also move the code to the sourceforge servers. :) [I posted a similar text into the MD3 thread ;)]
VeneX

Post by VeneX »

no, there isn't a file named tokamak.h in the SDK of tokamak
Boogle

Post by Boogle »

VeneX: It is not a file I have created, so it must come through one of Tokamak's lib files. I had to set these up (as well as the Irrlicht lib file) in my project's properties in VS.NET. The tutorial I linked to also includes <tokamak.h>, and it may have more explanation of how to set up the environment.

Niko: Thanks for the link from the main page! :) If you do put the code up on the sourceforge servers, would it be too much of an issue to update it every now and then? I may be adding another class (for Joints) as per the post in this thread by Gorgon Zola. The current link should not have any issues for a while, however I do not know what bandwidth restrictions my ISP places on personal web pages.
VeneX

Post by VeneX »

:oops: sorry, I have found it...

Thanx by the way
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Boogle wrote:If you do put the code up on the sourceforge servers, would it be too much of an issue to update it every now and then?
Hm, or I'll add a link to the download page direktly to your page, and when your scene node gets more finished (which means no more frequent updates), I'll upload it. Would that be ok?