Softimage XSI - Irrlicht Pipeline

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
genesys

Softimage XSI - Irrlicht Pipeline

Post by genesys »

Does anyone here use softimage XSI for it's games?
I'm using XSI and i'm verry pleased with it . . . but i think i didn't find the optimal pipeline yet.

For instance i'd like to find a way to translate the HLSL realtime DirectX shaders of XSI directly into irrlicht . . .
And i didn't find a way yet to get my lightsources from xsi into irrlicht well.

Has anyone some experiance with XSI - Irrlicht Pipelines that he could share??

you can also contact me with icq 48235895 to exchange experiance . . .

thx
Pax

Post by Pax »

hi, I'm also working with Xsi; so far what I do is rendermap texture + shadows (in case I need just one) or export into giles for baking and use Dmitry's my3d format. As for shaders, haven't yet got them to work. Xsi supports collada, that might work for lights (haven't played with those).
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Pax wrote:Xsi supports collada, that might work for lights (haven't played with those).
Yes, and I try to improve collada support. For example the possibility to include shaders in collada files is really nice, and I would like to use it in Irrlicht. However: I have nearly no example collada file for testing out things like this, so I would really appreciate it if someone could send me some. :)
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

I have tested that my xsi (500$ version) works greately with the x export plugin: I'm practically sure any x model of mine exported so would be seen animated nicely in irlicht. As this xsi x exporter works great with any x viewer I have.

Yup, this is a really nice package. I 'm eager to go and buy a tft to be able to animate at 1280x1024, as with this package, is what is needed, really.

I'm a bit messed yet with the highly complex and deep material and rendering systems, but true is I have little time to dedicate to it..

If I have some moment, niko, I'll see to export something with that collada thing, as seems way more powerful than x, by far....After all I already helped in its moment with x format... ;)

I am not sure: I think I have read collada xsi exporter can export even camera animation and lights, which all would fully rock... ;)
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com