State of the art features in this fps

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
dawasw

Post by dawasw »

@Omaremad

I see that making this project running after recompiling might be much more harder than i expected ... Now i have found that u used Audiere in version 1.9.3.47 ... where u found that :D ? Also what version of irrlicht are u using ? 0.10 ? or 0.09 ?

Sorry for so many questions ...
omaremad

Post by omaremad »

sry 4 my short replies now i have more time

@daw

open devcpp> goto tools > click check 4 pacakeges then dwnld audihere

i will try 2 realese the devcpp project settings

@emil halim
thanx 4 ur reply , but i really dont understand wat u r saying (im a noob remember)

@bak door

why dont we start a new "bakdoor team & omaremad project" thread as it will be easier to exchange i deas with all members of the team rather than sending emails to each and evry 1
more over

we should use my current code but i will clean it up while u and ur team should help on the new stuff such as scripting events and level designing

i am also happy to help on art( i drew the level and gun)

more over u should try 2 advice me on ways i could improve my current code in easy 2 underatand terminology
as i dont understand classes that well

(i used trial and error on mine to get them 2 work)

bye
omaremad

Post by omaremad »

if we get enough ppl working on this we can make it into the new techdemo
dawasw

Post by dawasw »

This compiling really looks bad ... Thx for reply omaremad, but now i must challenge a new PROBLEM... everything compiled and ran good , but not exacly. Enemies are now faced backwards to player, and also the sounds are noisy and strange + they can not shoot... (i mean, it looks like they are responsing for player, but something is really wrong... maybe u have some other irrlicht version ? )

Please if u know what caused me such strange motives write it fast ! (maybe u also had such experiences when working on your project)

I will not give up fighting with this FPS :D
bakkdoor

Post by bakkdoor »

@omaremad:
ok, sounds good to me. we can discuss things on my website i created for my team, its called adztec independent (our website is www.adztec-independent.de , still under construction). ive got a forum there and we can use my webserver (got my own server, up to 40gigs of space :)). besides, i got a cvs repository and i can help you out with classes etc..
the name of the project can be discussed, nevertheless i can show you our first demo we created (nothing special, just a intro-screen, a menu and a crappy level where you fly through).
besides communicating through a forum, i'd really suggest to talk over icq/aim/email/irc , just because it makes planning and discussing the major and primary things easier.
howbout you register at our website and i'll create some team-internal forums where we can discuss some things, rather than spamming the irrlicht boards?
btw, my icq # is: 76556283
you can add me if you have icq.
or write me an email or whatever.

oh, and btw: you can download our first demo at:
http://web1.a15173674.alturo-server.de/ ... 20Pill.rar

as ive said, nothing special (especially the level sucks, has some major texture errors and so on), but anyways...
omaremad

Post by omaremad »

ok

@daw
hmm im not syre but may be u should mess around with ur modeller by rotating and properly align the model on to the axese in ur modelling program

if they walk backwards change the vel vector in enemy.h to the multiplicative inverse ie(1->-1 or -1->1)

@bakdoor
are u starting ur own company??!!!

ok

my email is omaremad@ntlworld.com
i dont want 2 use icq as i dont have it and due to world time issues

(i have 2 sleep early im a kid)

i advice u 2 use deled dmf for level design as it will have light maps and it can import irrlicht lights more over it can convert other formats such as .X etc.. 2 dmf

number2 i really like the gui looks professional!!

can we use devcpp icant afford ms dev stuff

bye have 2 go sryy see u in an hour
bakkdoor

Post by bakkdoor »

ok, send you an email..
omaremad

Post by omaremad »

ill stop using this forum for the project(ill use the project website)
i will still answer daws questions tho
dawasw

Post by dawasw »

Thx Omaremad i finally got it working on my own ! :D I needed to play a lot with dev c++ and the problem with the enemies was that i was using Irrlicht 0.10 and u are using irrlicht 0.9 , i recompiled it with 0.9 and everything works fluently & great etc etc...

Now i would be pleased if you could explain something about your shooting code. As i could see player's weapons dont have any damage, but damage is associated with Enemy class, i mean when enemy is shooted he losts 5 health for example. I have some problems with "aiming" lol, so i am just asking if you can tell me a little about hitting system you have developed in it (it would took me one whole day , while you can say me this in 5 minutes ). The problem i have is that after maybe 300 fired shots the enemy will be finally damaged, and so the rest. Maybe it is "swapping" or what ?

Post by Guest »

i advice u to crete ur own collision system since mine is ver very bad

it work by calculating the difference between the players gun orientation and the correct orientation that would point to the enmy if the diffrences in the angles are less than a certain range then the enemy is in front of the gun

create your own 1 or adjust the
rotaddy and x values

Code: Select all

if ((rotaddy<30& rotaddy>0,rotaddy<360 & rotaddy>330)&(rotaddx>90& rotaddx<100)){
    printf("ouch");
    health-=5;};
    playerfired=false;

};	
to suit ur needs(model size)

if u still want to use my system ill draw u a diagram

Post by Guest »

i advice u to crete ur own collision system since mine is ver very bad

it work by calculating the difference between the players gun orientation and the correct orientation that would point to the enmy if the diffrences in the angles are less than a certain range then the enemy is in front of the gun

create your own 1 or adjust the
rotaddy and x values

Code: Select all

if ((rotaddy<30& rotaddy>0,rotaddy<360 & rotaddy>330)&(rotaddx>90& rotaddx<100)){
    printf("ouch");
    health-=5;};
    playerfired=false;

};	
to suit ur needs(model size)

if u still want to use my system ill draw u a diagram

collisions are only check if the gun is fireed (deteected by the bool player fired)
dawasw

Post by dawasw »

I think a diagram would be very helpful :D:D:D
omaremad

Post by omaremad »

@ daw

((rotaddy<30& rotaddy>0,rotaddy<360 & rotaddy>330)&(rotaddx>90& rotaddx<100)
just change theses values or crete ur own system if u want my diagram is horrible and even i cant understand it

@all

technical support for this project will be dropped and there will be no more progress

however u can still download it and use the code for ur own games as long as u write that i helped
area51

Post by area51 »

What project are you working on now then omaremad?
________
ARIZONA DISPENSARIES
Last edited by area51 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
omaremad

Post by omaremad »

im working with a german team

(adztec independent)

on a new fps game