Irrlicht and MFC

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
Heroe

Irrlicht and MFC

Post by Heroe »

I want to programm a Level Editor. And I want to use MFC with the Irrlicht-Engine. My question: How can i view a Irrlicht Window in as a window as in other 3d level editors. (no split screen!) i hope you understood my question because of my bad english.......... :oops:
keless

Post by keless »

I dont think it is possible to merge IrrLicht with MFC the way you are talking-- since to start using IrrLicht, you have to let it create its own device window.

I dont know of a way to share your MFC's hDC with IrrLicht, so I doubt its possible. But I am somewhat new, and Sai or Boo or Niko may be able to help you better.
Boogle

Post by Boogle »

keless is right, however you could modify the engine source code and set it up so you could use the MFC's hDC. Probably pass it as a parameter in the createDevice. It'd probably be quite a bit of work and research into the irrlicht code, however. Seems most of the Windows code is in CIrrDeviceWin32.cpp.
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Another possibility would be to design the interface of your editor to have independent windows. Like Delphi once had. This would be possible without changing the code of the engine.