Launch irrlicht like a win32 process

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
Ishtm

Launch irrlicht like a win32 process

Post by Ishtm »

Hello I am trying to launch an aplication based in irrlicht from other app calling CreateProcess function, after 2 runs the app crash. My question is: if Irrlicht is able to be launched in the context of other programs.
luckymutt

Post by luckymutt »

Iam trying to do something similar, and with a bit of a struggle.
Have you checked out the Win32Window example?
The Irrlicht device can be run in a Windows window, but I am trying to include that into a larger app and gets called up from my Windows GUI.

As far as I can tell so far, the Irrlicht app would need to be declared in its own header with something like:

Code: Select all

public ref class yournamehere : public System::Windows::Forms::Form
	{
	public: etc
anad then called into action in your main with something like:
(gcnew (yournamehere))->ShowDialog();

Don't quote me on the syntax though.
I am using the forms designer to put together my GUI, so what I'm gonna try is to add my own source files into it for my Irrlicht stuff.

Post whatever else you might find out.
Ishtm

Post by Ishtm »

As far I know Irrlicht can be displayed in any windows control wich can be created with CreateWindow or CreateWindowEx, the hWnd given we pass to
SIrrlichtCreationParameters.WindowId and it works fine, in .NET i dont know.
May be passing the handle of control derived of System.Form to SIrrlichtCreationParameters works too :)