it doesn't work with dev-cpp

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
draljo

it doesn't work with dev-cpp

Post by draljo »

i started to use irrlicht today.
i read this:http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/tut_devcpp.html

i have dev-cpp version 4.9.9.1 and irrlicht sdk 0.11.

i followed totorial but i didn't found
libIrrlicht.a
libjpeg.a
libz.a
i try with libirrlicht.a fo win32-gcc.

project compiled sucsesfuly.
but when i run it, i got some stupid error. something about procedure with a very long name cannot be found in irrlicht.dll.

any ideas?
1+1=3
WToma

Post by WToma »

It seems that you are trying to use a mismatching .a/.dll combination. Try re-building source, copy the .a into your devcpp/lib directory and the dll into the directory where you're trying to execute the exe file. It should work. If it doesn't, try downgrading to gcc 3.3.1. It works for me... (with some stupid exceptions... :?)
Toma
"This is not a bug, this is a feature!"
luckymutt

Post by luckymutt »

I think you have it set up correctly, if you put all the files in irrlicht-0.3\lib\DevCpp for the libraries, according to the set-up you followed.
Although, if I am not mistaken, the tutorial is older, and in the current version of Irrlicht you will only find one in there. (I am at work and can't confirm this right now)

When you go to run your *.exe, you need to put it in the same folder as the Irrlicht.dll for the gcc compiler, not the one for windows.
Your *exe needs to reside with that dll.
It should be in the \bin\Win32-gcc folder.

If it still doesn't work, post exactly what the eror message says.