VS 2005 Express

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
Raedwulf

VS 2005 Express

Post by Raedwulf »

Niko:

Great work so far. The irrlicht samples for .net work well on vb .net 2005 & c# .net 2005. However in the case of VC++ Express 2005 the source code won't compile the wrapper :P
If you have time could you try and make a compatible version for compilation.....if its possible that is. I for one don't have vc 2003....so that is a problem lol.
Ill try again and see if i can modify it sufficiently to make it compile :P

Raedwulf
Raedwulf

Post by Raedwulf »

Dotnet is rather quiet isn't it :P
MindGames

Post by MindGames »

I've had the same problem with the VS 2005 beta 2. I think it is a settings issue but I have yet to work it out. It also breaks the linker at times but I assume that as I am using a beta version, I'll have to just accept that. I have access to a 2003 compiler anyway, so it is no biggy to me.

Post by Guest »

Exactly the same...my linker crashes when tying to recompile the .net wrapper :D but it also rties to reference cctor for some unknown reason from the irrlicht.lib :P
That is one major reason i hate c++ :P The linking process is sometimes hell.

Post by Guest »

Exactly the same...my linker crashes when tying to recompile the .net wrapper :D but it also rties to reference cctor for some unknown reason from the irrlicht.lib :P
That is one major reason i hate c++ :P The linking process is sometimes hell.:D

Post by Guest »

That is one major reason i hate c++ :P The linking process is sometimes hell.:D
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

What problem is the compiler reporting? Sorry, I don't have a .net2005 beta installed anymore, it was too slow and buggy for me. :)
MindGames

Post by MindGames »

It was returning some sort of 'internal error'. I checked it on the web at the time and it basically said that the linker had broken and this was a generic error.

Did you try the beta 2 version? It is much better. Still has a number of bugs (particularly in the c++ area) but it is not too bad. I still think I can get it to work as I think the way it is linking is wrong (produces massive dlls on the odd occasion that I have succeeded in getting it to work). However, as I have an alternative I use the 2003 compiler to compile Irrlicht.NET and the 2005 compiler for everything else.
Raedwulf

Post by Raedwulf »

I managed to compile irrlicht in vc++ 2005 .net express :D

The managed wrapper compiled but failed to link. It's getting stuck here
ITexture.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
ITriangleSelector.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
IVideoDriver.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
ISceneCollisionManager.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
ISceneManager.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
ISceneNode.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
ISceneNodeAnimator.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
ILightSceneNode.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
IMesh.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
IMetaTriangleSelector.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
Irrlicht.NET.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
IGUIElement.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
IGUIEnvironment.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
IGUIFont.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)

Now I haven't a clue how does this work.....is there some sort of lib i have to add? Any suggestions niko?
Raedwulf

Post by Raedwulf »

Found it! .....msvcmrt.lib

Now to test whether it works.
EDIT: NEIN!.....Further testing needed:P

Weird...it compiles in vc++ 2005 express beta 2 but it fails to run.
Raedwulf

Post by Raedwulf »

Finally dug out vc++ 2003 toolkit (the free command line compiler) and managed to compile the .net wrapper successfully :D

I love dos batches to do the compiling :D

safd

Post by Guest »

try turning on link to default librarys. i get that same error in my own projects when i turn it off.

Raedwulf wrote:I managed to compile irrlicht in vc++ 2005 .net express :D

The managed wrapper compiled but failed to link. It's getting stuck here
ITexture.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
ITriangleSelector.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
IVideoDriver.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
ISceneCollisionManager.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
ISceneManager.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
ISceneNode.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
ISceneNodeAnimator.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
ILightSceneNode.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
IMesh.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
IMetaTriangleSelector.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
Irrlicht.NET.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
IGUIElement.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
IGUIEnvironment.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)
IGUIFont.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ" (?.cctor@@$$FYMXXZ)

Now I haven't a clue how does this work.....is there some sort of lib i have to add? Any suggestions niko?
Joe_Oliveri

Post by Joe_Oliveri »

I'm not having any problems with the VS C# Express, I'm actully 50% more productive then with Dev-C++ working its going really good for me now thanks niko!

Also make sure your references are pointing to the right DLL
Irrlicht Moderator || Game Designer
Learn the basics at </dream.in.code>
KENY75

LINK PROBLEM : Visual Studio 2005 C++ / IrrLicht

Post by KENY75 »

HI !
Could you please explain CLEARLY How to solve the Problem with msvcmrt.lib ?

I have the same problem to Link.

Helppp Please.

Thanks !!
:roll: