Hi, 100% newbie and a few questions!

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
Melssj5

Hi, 100% newbie and a few questions!

Post by Melssj5 »

Hi, irrlicht looks great, so I want to do an 3D application for a website, I was using a java engine called jpct that is very very good, but the problem is that I was planning to do an applet and it takes a lot of time for the java features of downloading the applet and all its resources before running it, and it dont look too good when using software rendering and using opengl on a applet is not a good idea with that engone, so I want to know how much is irrlicht better on hat aspec, I mean, Its possible to do a web system with irrlicht that shows on a web page?. How much time does the page needs to load and what about the minium system requirements?.

I have no a lot of experience using VS.NET, I only use java, but I want to try irrlicht.

Any help would be very appreciated!!!
Foole

Post by Foole »

I don't think irrlicht is any use for a web based system. It is designed for making standalone programs, not applets.