Not beginners' questions

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
WToma

Not beginners' questions

Post by WToma »

I've asked some questions in the beginners' forum but I did not get any solution so far, maybe you can solve these problems.

Problem 1: failed to change material color
I load some my3d meshes, then I try to change the color of some of its materials, but nothing happens unless I set the value of the emissive color which looks ugly. You can read the whole thread here:
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... php?t=8265

Problem 2: how to copy an IAnimatedMesh
After loading, I would like to modify the mesh, but also have a "backup" of it. How to do this? Multiple loading doesn't works. Read the thread here:
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... php?t=8634

Thanks 4 helping
Toma
"This is not a bug, this is a feature!"
xtheagonyscenex

Post by xtheagonyscenex »

in the api in the class list one of the mesh classes has the documentation on copying meshs and im sorry i cant help on the other stuf i just think you should texture the model you will have to eventually
"Held in Your arms but too far from my heart." "These thoughts will carry me through the darkest nights...while your eyes rest in mine."
"How quickly I forget that this is meaningless."

Post by Guest »

That's a good question about colors WToma, I have a small editting app that lets me play with lots of settings for different node types, and none of the colors respond to any changes except Emissive. Specular does respond to nearby lights (as it should) but I have not seen Ambient or Diffuse colors have any effect on materials. If anyone has seen these properties have an effect on materials, or know what they are used for, I'd appreciate if you could enlighten us
WToma

Post by WToma »

Now I'm writing some physics code, but I'll take a look into the source code to see what happens here. This is quite intresting.
xtheagonyscenex: Sorry I cannot find what you refer to. Maybe it is the public attribute 'Meshes' of SAnimatedMeshSceneNode?

Toma
"This is not a bug, this is a feature!"