[FIXED] Irrlicht 0.12 not work with SharpDevelop !

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
JiB-z

[FIXED] Irrlicht 0.12 not work with SharpDevelop !

Post by JiB-z »

When I try to compile a very SIMPLE code or the Hello_Word_7.0 tutorial SharpDevelop throw this exception on console :

Code: Select all

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name Irrlicht.NET, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

File name: "Irrlicht.NET"
   at ShootIt.MainClass.Main(String[] args)

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = Irrlicht.NET, Version=0.11.2062.31165, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null (Fully-specified)

LOG: Appbase = F:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur\Mes documents\SharpDevelop Projects\ShootIt\bin\Debug\

LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL

Calling assembly : ShootIt, Version=1.0.2082.30845, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.
===

LOG: Application configuration file does not exist.

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).

LOG: Post-policy reference: Irrlicht.NET, Version=0.11.2062.31165, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///F:/Documents and Settings/Administrateur/Mes documents/SharpDevelop
Projects/ShootIt/bin/Debug/Irrlicht.NET.DLL.

Appuyez sur une touche pour continuer...
JiB-z

I Fixed it !

Post by JiB-z »

So, I have THE extrem solution, the ULTIME answer, I FOUND IT :

Simply add the irrlicht.dll in the same directory of your EXE file.

Finally, I guess that Irrlicht.NET.dll NEED Irrlicht.dll to work.
Mr. XYZ

Post by Mr. XYZ »

You are a genius! Brilliant really! :wink:
triworldcreations

Post by triworldcreations »

I suppose you read the comment lines to figure that one out!

Re: I Fixed it !

Post by Guest »

JiB-z wrote:So, I have THE extrem solution, the ULTIME answer, I FOUND IT :

Simply add the irrlicht.dll in the same directory of your EXE file.

Finally, I guess that Irrlicht.NET.dll NEED Irrlicht.dll to work.
That is what happen with any wrapper you can come across. Tao.Opengl, Ogre net, Newton net, just to name a few. The OS needs to know where the wrapped dll is, the easiest way is to place it in the same directory as the exe and net dll. Just as you did. (I won't call it an extreme solution) :wink:

The Irrlicht.NET.dll is just a wrapper over Irrlicht.dll, where the true code of the engine is.
JiB-z

Re: I Fixed it !

Post by JiB-z »

Anonymous wrote: The Irrlicht.NET.dll is just a wrapper over Irrlicht.dll, where the true code of the engine is.
Ok I suppose is the reason cause I can't use code completion for Irrlicht in SharpDevelop :cry:

And so I am more quiet now I realise is not a "extreme solution". :roll:

Post by Guest »

You should be able to use code completition with SharpDevelop, it works with Visual Studio. If the reference of the Irrlicht.NET.dll in your project is configured right, the only problem I can think of is some kind of incompatibility with SharpDevelop.

I don't know exactly the inner workings of a wrapper, someone can explain it much better than I. But you can think of it this way. The irrlicht.dll is win32 unsafe code, so something must be done to make the net environment to understand it. Here comes the net dll, new classes, interfaces, methods, properties and so on, must be defined to wrap the originals. This is what it is compiled in the net dll (now not as a win32 library but as a net library), so if a method inside a class is defined in that net dll it should appear as you write the dot.

Hope it helps to clarify it, and sorry if something is not estrictly right I just want to make it simple.
JiB-z

Post by JiB-z »

Ok, thanks Guest :? for you help.

But I have decided to use Visual C# 2005 Express cause it DO code completion very well and it use .Net 2.0 . I am sorry to quit Sharpdevelop as it's free and easy to use but for the moment Visual C# fills up all my needing.