GUI elements of Irrlicht and .NET-API

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
Silbermünze

GUI elements of Irrlicht and .NET-API

Post by Silbermünze »

Hello everyone!

I am quite interested in Irrlicht now for over a year, though I didn't find the time to extensively do some work with it, due to lack of time and lack of GUI elements in the .NET-API.

So my question is:
Are there any of the GUI-elements that are available in the C++ -API already available in the .NET-API and if not when can I expect to be able to have support for the GUI-elemnts in the .NET-API?

I for my part consider GUI-elements a very important part of 3D-engines which deserves closer attention than they have at the moment, speaking in general for 3D engines?

Silbermünze
Mr. XYZ

Post by Mr. XYZ »

Hi,

They are nearly all implemented...

I only wasn't able to create a menu
Silbermünze

Post by Silbermünze »

Thanks!
I just gor confused by looking at the .NET-API documentation which didn't show up some of the GUI classes available in the C++ version, like for example IGUIButton. But I guess its just a matter of documentation.

EDIT:
Found out, after looking at the source code, that there are only some of the GUI elements wrapped so far.

When can I expect to be able to use the complete set of GUI elements? With release 0.13? :wink:

That would be nice.

Thanks again.

Silbermünze
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Silbermünze wrote:When can I expect to be able to use the complete set of GUI elements? With release 0.13? :wink:
Yes, I hope. :)
Silbermünze

Post by Silbermünze »

That is good news and would finally allow me to provide 3D visualization to my game client, as it is heavily relying on some standard GUI elements. :?

Silbermünze