Multiple textures on 1 object

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
lexip

Multiple textures on 1 object

Post by lexip »

Is it possible to use more than 1 texture for an objekt?
I like to use multi/sub-objekt or an different mapchannel is it supported in irrlicht? - or any other way to get it working?

Post by Guest »

use the searchfunction!
lexip

Post by lexip »

...i did without finding an answer, an modler edge would help this forum alot...

Post by Guest »

1. this has been discussed a million times, if you can not find something about it , you have to be stupid

2. irrlicht is a gfx-engine, so why would programmers need a modelling-forum?
lexip

Post by lexip »

GFXstyLER wrote:1. this has been discussed a million times, if you can not find something about it , you have to be stupid
well all i find is: u cant export multi/sub-objekt material by milkshape,
so i might believe its the same in 3dsmax, but how to use multiple textures in irrlicht isnt explained.
GFXstyLER wrote:2. irrlicht is a gfx-engine, so why would programmers need a modelling-forum?
cause irrlicht throws many question up in 3d-prgs till it looks ok in game.
puh

Post by puh »

dear lexip, could you please show us the keywords which you used for search?

Post by Guest »

You will not be able to load a texture and a lightmap using anything else but a format which is only supported by commercial stuff, even if people tell you that you are something i dont believe you are, my friend. But i heard a rumour, that Spintz is going to help us.
ThommyE

Post by ThommyE »

GFXstyLER wrote: 2. irrlicht is a gfx-engine, so why would programmers need a modelling-forum?
cause a gfk-engine is somewhat useless if you have nothing to display cause you cant make the engine display it... or are you fanatic in programmer artwork?(well nothing against it but...) can't really imagine such a thing.
i think a modelling forum wouldn't be the right thing, a technical corner about how to get models into irrlicht would be more fitting

@lexip
i exported several models with multiple textures on a single objekt even with milkshape there was no problem, worked well out of the box- as far as you dont think of having several textures on a single triangle it will work out fine(you most likely have to group the parts of the mesh in milkshape, this way you can add several different textur-images).
so having a hand and a weapon with a seperate image 4 each part of the mesh is no problem.
dunno if its working with max, but milkshape's fine.

@guest
adding a lightmap to a animated model is nonsense.first of all you cann draw it directly into the model-texture and since the lightmap had to chance non-stop it would be unresonable to make a seperate map-chanle 4 it.
and if its about levels. you can add lightmaps to your levels, just think of q3map2 compiling q3 maps and it does a pretty nice job on lightmaps, too (radiosity,sun,surfacelights,countless other stuff).there are lots of other ways to get lightmaps into your levels fsrad etc..

greetings
thommy e
athlon2400xp+,geforce4200ti, 0.2Tb hd+64mb extern, 512mb ram, linux FC5 2.6.16-1.2096, 100%gates-free system

Post by Guest »

you really try to piss me off, do you? i hate you so much :twisted:

Post by Guest »

Thanks ThommyE, i ll try that the next days.
Mebbe max groups will also work, cu.
lexip

Post by lexip »

Anonymous wrote:Thanks ThommyE, i ll try that the next days.
Mebbe max groups will also work, cu.
oh, i forgot to log in... :roll:
greetings...