Irrlicht.NET questions..

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
Shin Callongtoy

Irrlicht.NET questions..

Post by Shin Callongtoy »

okaaay.. I use lrrlicht on sharpdevelop and like I have two problems with mah program.

1. how do I get rid of the default control the camera with arrowkeys in my modified "Hello World" tutorial proram?

2. has the collision bug been fixed yet? i am being very patient on this issue. I use sharp develop with visualbasic.net and I was wondering if there is alternative ways or a work around of it.
Thorben Linneweber

Post by Thorben Linneweber »

Hi !

1) Easy... you need a interface for the keys and in the "OnEvent" function you have to insert a "return true" ... i don't know how it works in c#

2) I fixed the bug in the engine and reported it via mail yesterday. Niko already replied so i think the bug will be fixed in the next version.

If you want to fix the problem yourself just replace this

[PARAMFLAG::Out] Core::Vector3D outCollisionPoint,

[PARAMFLAG::Out] Core::Triangle3D outTriangle)

with this

[PARAMFLAG::Out] Core::Vector3D& outCollisionPoint,

[PARAMFLAG::Out] Core::Triangle3D& outTriangle)

Thorben
Shin Callongtoy

in what file can i find these text to fix in?
Foole

Post by Foole »

That fix is for ISceneCollisionManager.h. This is only relevant if you are using GetCollisionPoint for collision detection. Otherwise you will need to clarify what the collision bug is you are talking about.

The proper way to have a camera without arrow key control is to use AddCameraSceneNode instead of AddCameraSceneNodeFPS when creating the camera.
Shin Callongtoy

I took out the FPS in add camera scene node and I get this error:

"Value of type 'Integer' cannot be converted to 'Irrlicht.Core.Vector3D'."

Post by Guest »

I am doing this off the top of my head, so....

Delcare a vector3d, set the x, y, and z points, set the camera to that vector3d....
Shin Callongtoy

How do I declare a vector 3D?

In vb.net?

Sorry I have no more time to type.
Foobar

Post by Foobar »

dim vec as new vector3d

maker sure you qualify the namespace....
Foobar

Post by Foobar »

dim vec as new vector3d

maker sure you qualify the namespace....