It's true??

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Kelo

It's true??

Post by Kelo »

Ok, hi!!, i'm new user of Irrlicht (i was reserching for a good 3d engine, and i find it!!!)

My question= It's true that Irrilicht don't work whit direct 3D in Dev-C++??
If that's true, when it will work? in the 0.5 version?

OK... sorry my really ugly english :?

Thanks!
keless

Post by keless »

the normal download from this website does not work with DX, however, I believe some people here on the forums have been able to get it to work, and have re-compiled their own .DLLs for use until these changes are added to the main engine source.

The great thing about IrrLight, though, is that it generally doesnt matter whether you compile for OGL or DX. They both usually look/run the same.
a screen cap is worth 0x100000 DWORDS
Kelo

Post by Kelo »

ok Thanks!!, for the moment, i'll use Dev-c++, because OGL it's really better than D3D!!, when the engine work whit D3D (in dev-cpp), maybe i'll use it.

now, I have another question.
It's better (and possible) to use the original Mingw compiler, than Dev-c++?, or also use Dev-c++ pointing to the original Mingw binaries and headers?

Thank you again...
:wink:
keless

Post by keless »

im not sure. the answer to your question can be found in whether or not Mingw and the default DevCpp compiler (g++.exe) create libraries in the same format.

my best advice is simply: try. it should be easy to tell DevCpp to use mingw32-g++.exe instead. however, is this a linux-based compiler? (well, probably not if its an .exe.. ) what is your preference for MingW anyway?

gl
a screen cap is worth 0x100000 DWORDS
Kelo

Post by Kelo »

OK, my preference for mingw is only the "flavor", also I see that the *.exe files generated by Mingw are smallers than the generated by dev-cpp (i see that reserching the diferences). And also, i can use dev-cpp only as an IDE for the original Mingw binaries and headers. Ok, this "reply" is not a question, only im explaining my methodology of work.

Thank You for all!!!

This is my first time in the Irrlicht Forum... but it'snt the last!!!!!
DarkWhoppy

Post by DarkWhoppy »

Hehe, yep, Irrlicht DOES compile with Dev-C++ using DirectX (example... my Galactic Racer game) Man I love advertising like this... :lol:
Programmer of the Irrlicht Scene Editor:
Homepage - Forum Thread
Version 2 on its way!!