why all models in a x file is place to origin??

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
michael520

why all models in a x file is place to origin??

Post by michael520 »

:?: :?:
i make several simple models in 3ds max and export into an x file.
Then I use DX Mesh Viewer to check it, and it's perfectly correctly viewed.
But when I load the x file in Irrlicht, the models are viewed but their positions are incorrect! they are all in the origin point!

can anyone tell what's the problem? irrlicht put all models in a x file to the origin point ?

thx!
r3i

r3i

Post by r3i »

Michael before posting try to search in the forum.
If we make many topics we create confusion!
.X format center the objects.
It's a property of the format: in fact you can only export one object in a file .x.

:wink: see ya!
"We work in the dark, we do what we can, we give what we have, Our doubt is our passion and our passion is our task. The rest: is art of Madness" (H.James)
michael520

Re: r3i

Post by michael520 »

r3i wrote:Michael before posting try to search in the forum.
If we make many topics we create confusion!
.X format center the objects.
It's a property of the format: in fact you can only export one object in a file .x.

:wink: see ya!
but, but why the DirectX Mesh Viewer can view all the models' position in a .x file correctly? Then I would think that there must be positions-data of models in .x file.

Why must Irrlicht put them to origin?

Post by Guest »

Bump. I also have the very same problem after conversion of a complex 3ds file including animations. I simply gave up cause it was just for my personal pleasure.