Irrlicht.NET compiling under .NET 2.0 framework

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.

Irrlicht.NET compiling under .NET 2.0 framework

Post by Guest »

Seeing as MS is scheduled to release .NET 2.0 formally in November I'm wondering which version Irrlicht.NET will continue to be developed in? Or will it matter? I assume .NET 2.0 will work with 1.1 version source, perhaps with some adjustments.

Another reason for asking is that IronPython v0.9.3, which looks like a great language to use for Irrlicht scripting has moved to 2.0 .NET for further development. It would be nice to maintain .NET version compatibility for both in a game project IMO.

Any comments?
luismesas

Post by luismesas »

I'm currently using Irrlicht engine on a .Net 2.0 game and it's running nice.
MindGames

Post by MindGames »

I've been running on it for a while without issues. Compiling it is another matter. One or two of the files have [DIPARAMS::Out] in them (or something similar) which caused issues. I fixed it by changing them to just [Out]. I had problems with linking on version 11 but I have not gotten that far with the version 12 project yet. Some of my additions are causing me stress.

[edit]

Nope - still can't get it to link. Worse still, the beta2 linker is crashing. Here's hoping this is fixed by November
instruo

Post by instruo »

I tried this with the release version of VC++ Express and it does the same; millions of crazy looking linker errors. Has anyone found a solution for this?
the_bob

just a noob

Post by the_bob »

I'm just a beginner with Irrlicht, but a problem I ran across was that I didn't include the Irrlicht.dll file in my executable folder.
3D in .NET - Who would've guessed!