Events and Irrlicht inside a panel

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
Zitzu

Events and Irrlicht inside a panel

Post by Zitzu »

Hi all, I am running Irrlicht.NET inside a Windows.Forms panel (and in its own thread ) but it seems I am not getting the keyboard events (while I get correctly the "Log" events).

It seems I am doing something wrong ...or maybe I should simply use the keyboard related Events of the Form?

Thankyou,
Francesco
pfo

Post by pfo »

If you run Irrlicht inside a window, or say MFC or something, anything else that processes a message loop, then Irrlicht will not be able to process messages for you. Normally this would occur in device->run(), but VB.net or MFC and other APIs will grab all event messages for themselves before Irrlicht can get to them. The solution would be to use the VB.net (I'm assuming that's what you're using) event routines for keyboard / mouse etc...
Zitzu

Post by Zitzu »

pfo wrote:If you run Irrlicht inside a window, or say MFC or something, anything else that processes a message loop, then Irrlicht will not be able to process messages for you. Normally this would occur in device->run(), but VB.net or MFC and other APIs will grab all event messages for themselves before Irrlicht can get to them. The solution would be to use the VB.net (I'm assuming that's what you're using) event routines for keyboard / mouse etc...
In fact I'm using c#, anyway your answer was nevertheless useful for me. :)

Thankyou

-Francesco