Problems using with C# VS Express.

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
Philth

Problems using with C# VS Express.

Post by Philth »

Anyone have any suggestions what might be wrong? I am trying to run the example C# demo included and its just giving me an error:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled
Message="The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)"
Source="01.HelloWorld_7.0"
StackTrace:
at HelloWorld.Example.Main(String[] args)
at System.AppDomain.nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Yes, i've moved/made sure the irrlicht.dll and irrlicht.net.dll are both in the directory. No luck. The irrlicht.net.dll is added as a reference in the solution as well, and the path is just fine.
Osirus

Post by Osirus »

Are you sure you are using the right irrlicht.dll?

You need to make sure you have the irrlicht.dll compiled for visual studio found in the bin/win32-VisualSudio folder.

The other problem may be that the irrlicht.dll has to copied manually to the working directory of your project (usually the bin folder created when you compile). Visual studion will copy the irrlicht.net.dll automatically but not the irrlicht.dll.
Philth

Post by Philth »

Yes, that is all correct. I recopied just to be safe and still same error. I did a systemwide search on the dlls and everything looks to be where it should be.

Post by Guest »

Well, I got it working. The C# example project file is basically incompatable with VS Express or something. I had to create an entirely new project, add in the source, references by hand. Then it couldn't find the media folder no matter where I put it. (Code assumes two folders back from the exe that is run) So I had to hardcode the path to the media.

What a pain in the rear. Took me a day to figure all this out. Bleagh.
Joe_Oliveri

Post by Joe_Oliveri »

Yeah I had to do the same with the source for my game. Ir strange really. It worked in the Beta. I wonder what changed.
Irrlicht Moderator || Game Designer
Learn the basics at </dream.in.code>
anka

Post by anka »

I just put irrlicht.dll in every directory I could think of, and a few more. Then I had to hardcode the path to the media directory.

Now the only problem is that the program crashes when I exit it, but I can live with that for now....
Osirus

Post by Osirus »

If your using opengl as the renderer that will make it crash on exit. This might be fixed in version 0.14, but if your still using 0.12 then will cause an error when exiting and crash when using opengl.
Philth

Post by Philth »

0.14.0 release is much more improved! VS Express imported the example project just fine, and I didn't have to change any of the references. Just had to copy the irrlict.dll over into the bin folder.

The only issue is the media paths are still off. They are written as @"../../media/texture.jpg" ... When you compile, it moves your binary into the ../bin/debug/ folder created at runtime. So it would really need to have @"../../../../media/texture.jpg" to work properly.

Anyways, good job on the 0.14.0 release!