Search found 23 matches

by deanh22a
Thu May 17, 2007 2:38 pm
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: how do i get rid of these warnings?
Replies: 6
Views: 608

AH! I just disabled common language runtime support in my project settings and the warnings went away 8) thanks. those things were so annoying!
by deanh22a
Thu May 17, 2007 5:00 am
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: how do i get rid of these warnings?
Replies: 6
Views: 608

This is the only project that gives me these errors. none of the examples or anything else give me those warnings. The code is way too long to attatch here. (19160 lines)
by deanh22a
Thu May 17, 2007 3:07 am
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: how do i get rid of these warnings?
Replies: 6
Views: 608

Do you use C++ and .Net (GUI stuffs) together in your project?

I'm not using .Net . I fixed the crash I had earlier, and it seems to be unrelated to the warnings. I accidentally had a line that read
_snwprintf_s(abilities[17].help, 500, L"Accuracy +20 %.");
where the "%" was causing the error ...
by deanh22a
Thu May 17, 2007 12:17 am
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: how do i get rid of these warnings?
Replies: 6
Views: 608

how do i get rid of these warnings?

When I compile in visual studio 2005 I get these warnings, but no errors:


[b]1>------ Build started: Project: ekx, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>ekx.cpp
1>c:\visual studio stuff\irrlicht-1.3\irrlicht-1.3\include\IUnknown.h(114) : warning C4793: '__asm' : causes native code ...
by deanh22a
Wed May 16, 2007 11:29 pm
Forum: Bug reports
Topic: [fixed] getAbsoluteTransformation problem after 1.3
Replies: 3
Views: 589

ah. thanks. works fine now 8)
by deanh22a
Wed May 16, 2007 6:35 pm
Forum: Bug reports
Topic: [fixed] getAbsoluteTransformation problem after 1.3
Replies: 3
Views: 589

[fixed] getAbsoluteTransformation problem after 1.3

I just updated to version irrlicht 1.3 and i'm having a problem.

I have code that looks like this:

scene::IAnimatedMeshSceneNode* model;
model->getAbsoluteTransformation().rotateVect(location3);

but getAbsoluteTransformation gives me this error:
error C2660: 'irr::scene::IAnimatedMeshSceneNode ...
by deanh22a
Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:34 pm
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: Sending commands to other programs
Replies: 8
Views: 767

well, that last one didn't work for me but i found another way around it. Looks like everything's working the way I wanted. Thanks! 8)
by deanh22a
Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:09 pm
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: Sending commands to other programs
Replies: 8
Views: 767

I'm having trouble using INPUT (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms909626.aspx)

I found some examples using sendinput but I can't do anything with it because my compiler keeps saying INPUT is not defined even after I added #include <winuser.h> to my code.
by deanh22a
Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:53 am
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: Sending commands to other programs
Replies: 8
Views: 767




HWND Window;
Window=FindWindow(NULL, "mIRC");
PostMessage(Window, WM_CHAR, 'g', 0);



I must be missing something because it doesnt seem to be sending anything. I tried the above code and I've tried things like

PostMessage(HWND_BROADCAST, WM_CHAR, 'g', 5);

in case it wasnt getting the ...
by deanh22a
Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:25 am
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: Sending commands to other programs
Replies: 8
Views: 767

Do you 'know' the other window in some way?
You can obtain the window handle with this function
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/winui/winui/windowsuserinterface/windowing/windows/windowreference/windowfunctions/findwindow.asp?frame=true

Then you can send messages to it using this function ...
by deanh22a
Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:27 pm
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: Sending commands to other programs
Replies: 8
Views: 767

Sending commands to other programs

I know this isn't an irrlicht question, but there's not a general programming thread in here and I don't know where else to ask this.

I want my program to interact with other programs, and i'm trying to find out how to send commands such as keystrokes to another program, similar to how a macro ...
by deanh22a
Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:21 pm
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: quick question about getting pixels
Replies: 10
Views: 864

Thanks. It works now. :)
by deanh22a
Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:49 pm
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: quick question about getting pixels
Replies: 10
Views: 864

What OS are you using?
in windows, you can get ti by doing this(Not sure it compiles right and is 100% perfect...)

HDC DeskDC;

//I think both of these produces the same result.
//The cursor will not be 'getpixeled' though.
//Anyway, dont use both at the same time, if so you'll grab 2 and drop 1 ...
by deanh22a
Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:26 am
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: quick question about getting pixels
Replies: 10
Views: 864

That was just an example. All I'm trying to do right now is grab the color of a pixel from the screen, given that pixel's absolute on-screen coordinates. Thats all I want to know.
by deanh22a
Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:25 am
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: quick question about getting pixels
Replies: 10
Views: 864

I know there's dx code you can use to capture images from the screen, not just within one window, but what's showing on the entire screen. I don't really need to do that so much as capture a single pixel. For example if i'm making a simple security program to see if someone messes with an icon on my ...