Search found 11 matches

by Asteroth
Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:07 pm
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: dynamic maps
Replies: 4
Views: 504

just tried it out, works like a dream! thanks :)
by Asteroth
Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:55 am
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: dynamic maps
Replies: 4
Views: 504

IMetaTriangleSelector is just what I was looking for, thanks vitek! i'll have a go at it.

Right now all I need is collision detection, so Newtons a bit overkill for my purposes, but thanks for the advice roxaz.
by Asteroth
Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:14 am
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: dynamic maps
Replies: 4
Views: 504

dynamic maps

I've had a look through the forums and can't seem to find an answer to this question so thought I'd create a new post.

Basically I have a basic level stored in a .pk3 file, but I want to be able to add meshscenenodes dynamically to it, for example so I can create a new random maze each time the ...
by Asteroth
Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:23 pm
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: running processes outside rendering loop
Replies: 7
Views: 603

ps. the reason I included the robot->process() function twice (once inside and once outside the rendering loop) is because some of the routines draw lines i.e. when the robot spots an object it draws a line to it to indicate it has found it.
by Asteroth
Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:19 pm
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: running processes outside rendering loop
Replies: 7
Views: 603

apologies, I'll try and be a bit more explicit.

The jump occurs when I Alt-Tab back and forth between the window, and likewise when I minimise and then maximise. Both have the same effect as far as I'm aware.

My main rendering loop looks like...


while(device->run())
{

//render only when ...
by Asteroth
Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:00 pm
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: running processes outside rendering loop
Replies: 7
Views: 603

ok, been working on this a bit for a while... It all seems to work fine apart from when I try and switch back to the screen after leaving it running for a few seconds. My robot jumps at this point, and usually thows an error because of this.

I suspect this is something to do with the translation ...
by Asteroth
Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:34 pm
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: running processes outside rendering loop
Replies: 7
Views: 603

thats great, thanks! I haven't looked into multiple robots yet, but your idea would be useful once/if I get to that stage :)
by Asteroth
Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:00 pm
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: running processes outside rendering loop
Replies: 7
Views: 603

running processes outside rendering loop

I'm using Irrlicht to create a virtual world for testing AI algorithms, such as teaching a robot to walk around a maze picking up objects and avoiding walls/obstacles.

The rendering process is quite CPU intensive, but not necessary for the robots behaviour, just so I can see what it's doing ...
by Asteroth
Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:27 pm
Forum: Game Programming
Topic: irrKlang.dll entry point error
Replies: 4
Views: 2714

just found the solution. My irrlicht installation had an older copy of the irrKlang.dll file, and this was being called in preference to the newer one I'd downloaded. I removed the older dll and hey presto works fine! feel like a bit of a dummy for not realising it sooner but oh well... thanks for ...
by Asteroth
Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:01 pm
Forum: Game Programming
Topic: irrKlang.dll entry point error
Replies: 4
Views: 2714

thanks for thr quick response hybrid. Both my lib and bin paths point to the win32-visualstudio files, I tried removing the gcc files in case too see what would happen, same error :cry: ...
by Asteroth
Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:45 am
Forum: Game Programming
Topic: irrKlang.dll entry point error
Replies: 4
Views: 2714

irrKlang.dll entry point error

I've just installed irrKlang to give my irrlicht programs some audio capabilities. However when I try and compile and run the helloworld example, it compiles fine but I get the following errors when I try and run the executable:

The procedure entry point
?createIrrKlang@audio@irr@@YAPAVISoundEngine ...