irrKlang.dll entry point error

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding game design, integration of external libraries here. For irrEdit, irrXML and irrKlang, see the
ambiera forums
Asteroth

irrKlang.dll entry point error

Post by Asteroth »

I've just installed irrKlang to give my irrlicht programs some audio capabilities. However when I try and compile and run the helloworld example, it compiles fine but I get the following errors when I try and run the executable:

The procedure entry point
?createIrrKlang@audio@irr@@YAPAVISoundEngine@12@W4E_SOUND_OUTPUT_DRIVER@12@HPBD@Z
could not be located inthe dynamic link library irrKlang.dll

followed by another error:

could not execute: Path not found(Win32 error 3)

I'm using Visual Studio 6 (old I know!), and I'm fairly sure I've registered the include,bin etc. directories okay. I suspect this could be an issue with the IDE rather than irrKlang.dll itself, because the pre-supplied executables that came with the download work just fine!

Any ideas?
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Are you sure that you're not using the mingw/gcc version of the dll?
Asteroth

Post by Asteroth »

thanks for thr quick response hybrid. Both my lib and bin paths point to the win32-visualstudio files, I tried removing the gcc files in case too see what would happen, same error :cry: ...
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Hm, that's strange. It should work because I tried out the dll before with VS 6.0. But you can use a workaround: Load the dll manually using LoadLibrary. This will always work.
Asteroth

Post by Asteroth »

just found the solution. My irrlicht installation had an older copy of the irrKlang.dll file, and this was being called in preference to the newer one I'd downloaded. I removed the older dll and hey presto works fine! feel like a bit of a dummy for not realising it sooner but oh well... thanks for the help niko and hybrid!