Hi all,
I'm toying with developing for Windows on Linux. I've used the 01-Hello World program to test with.
I get the program to compile/run on Linux just fine.
When I do:
make all_win32
I get a linker error.:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lopengl32
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make ...
Search found 31 matches
- Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:53 am
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: Cros-compiling on Linux for Win32
- Replies: 1
- Views: 437
- Sat May 29, 2010 5:42 am
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: Large world for a MMORPG
- Replies: 4
- Views: 975
More questions
OK, I've got some more ideas and questions.
I'm thinking I'll break the "world" up into 100x100 or 1000x1000 units. Then I can load/unload these units on demand. The setting will be a mix of city, country and beach environments. Basically, I'm not going to limit myself :lol:
So, what do you think ...
I'm thinking I'll break the "world" up into 100x100 or 1000x1000 units. Then I can load/unload these units on demand. The setting will be a mix of city, country and beach environments. Basically, I'm not going to limit myself :lol:
So, what do you think ...
- Fri May 28, 2010 8:42 am
- Forum: Advanced Help
- Topic: Skeletal animation?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 6380
Thank you!
Thank you. This is, INDEED, everything I need.

- Mon May 24, 2010 5:24 am
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: Simple linking problem
- Replies: 6
- Views: 921
FIXED!
The problem is not with includes. It is with linking. You need to set IRRLIBDIR to the path that contains the Irrlicht library. i.e., If the Irrlicht library archive is ./libs/irrlicht-1.7.1/bin/win32-gcc/Irrlicht.a , you want to use -L./libs/irrlicht-1.7.1/bin/win32-gcc .
You should really just ...
You should really just ...
- Sun May 23, 2010 8:51 pm
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: Simple linking problem
- Replies: 6
- Views: 921
- Sun May 23, 2010 8:41 pm
- Forum: Advanced Help
- Topic: Skeletal animation?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 6380
Actually, Sydney is not a skeletal animated mesh. Instead use the ninja or dawrf from the SDK meshes. You cannot use .obj, though, because this is neither animated, nor using a skeleton. You have to use .b3d, .ms3d, or .x
If you want to move the bones programatically, you can read in the Wiki how ...
If you want to move the bones programatically, you can read in the Wiki how ...
- Sun May 23, 2010 9:28 am
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: Large world for a MMORPG
- Replies: 4
- Views: 975
Using blender
One more data point. I'm using blender for the world generation.
- Sun May 23, 2010 9:26 am
- Forum: Advanced Help
- Topic: Skeletal animation?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 6380
Skeletal animation?
Hi all,
I'm told that Irrlicht supports skeletal animation. My understanding of this is that I could export a rigged/skinned model from Blender into, say, .obj format. Then Irrlicht would allow me to move bones and deform the skin appropriately. I would then be able to move a player's arm, for ...
I'm told that Irrlicht supports skeletal animation. My understanding of this is that I could export a rigged/skinned model from Blender into, say, .obj format. Then Irrlicht would allow me to move bones and deform the skin appropriately. I would then be able to move a player's arm, for ...
- Sun May 23, 2010 9:10 am
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: Large world for a MMORPG
- Replies: 4
- Views: 975
Large world for a MMORPG
Hi all.
I'm working on writing a MMORPG and would like to discuss some design issues.
On one extreme, I could model the entire world, or much of it in one single model. On the other hand, I could break up the world in to 100x100 units and model each of these units separately.
The single model ...
I'm working on writing a MMORPG and would like to discuss some design issues.
On one extreme, I could model the entire world, or much of it in one single model. On the other hand, I could break up the world in to 100x100 units and model each of these units separately.
The single model ...
- Sun May 23, 2010 8:59 am
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: Simple linking problem
- Replies: 6
- Views: 921
I'm pretty sure the problem is in the Makefile....
Yes, I'm pretty sure the problem is in the Makefile, but I sure can't find it.
Here are the relevant parts:
SHAREDOBJ = events.o protocol.o file_xfer.o
SHAREDFLAGS = -lenet
IRRINCDIR = ./libs/irrlicht-1.7.1/include/
IRRLIBDIR = ./irrlicht-1.7.1/lib/Linux/.1.7.1/
CLIENTOBJ = client.o client_config ...
Here are the relevant parts:
SHAREDOBJ = events.o protocol.o file_xfer.o
SHAREDFLAGS = -lenet
IRRINCDIR = ./libs/irrlicht-1.7.1/include/
IRRLIBDIR = ./irrlicht-1.7.1/lib/Linux/.1.7.1/
CLIENTOBJ = client.o client_config ...
- Sat May 22, 2010 8:46 am
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: Simple linking problem
- Replies: 6
- Views: 921
Simple linking problem
Hi all.
I'm finally getting back to Irrlicht after way too long away, and I can't get my program to link!
I've stripped my code down to the bare minimum that demonstrates my problem:
=======================================================
#include <irrlicht.h>
#include "globals.h"
using ...
I'm finally getting back to Irrlicht after way too long away, and I can't get my program to link!
I've stripped my code down to the bare minimum that demonstrates my problem:
=======================================================
#include <irrlicht.h>
#include "globals.h"
using ...
- Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:20 pm
- Forum: Open Discussion and Dev Announcements
- Topic: Congratulations hybrid / developer(s)!!!
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4041
Re: Congratulations hybrid / developer(s)!!!
I wrote the article. I've been using Irrlicht on and off for about a year and I love it. I believe that fact comes out in the article I wrote.drarem wrote:Irrlicht made an article in the Linux Journal, and it's not a bad one.
April 2009 issue 180
Mike Diehl.
- Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:42 am
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: Trying to texture a model
- Replies: 13
- Views: 1666
Now I'm confused.
I was also expecting House to be mentioned in the .mtl file, but it's not.
Here is the contents of house.mtl
======================
# Blender3D MTL File: house.blend
# Material Count: 3
newmtl (null)
Ns 96.078431
Ka 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000
Kd 0.690196 0.219608 0.219608
Ks 0.500000 0.500000 0 ...
Here is the contents of house.mtl
======================
# Blender3D MTL File: house.blend
# Material Count: 3
newmtl (null)
Ns 96.078431
Ka 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000
Kd 0.690196 0.219608 0.219608
Ks 0.500000 0.500000 0 ...
- Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:05 am
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: Trying to texture a model
- Replies: 13
- Views: 1666
- Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:42 pm
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: Trying to texture a model
- Replies: 13
- Views: 1666