IRR|Cinema studio: some water for the thirsty

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
sio2
Competition winner

Post by sio2 »

BTW There's some more shader stuff in the Irrlicht demos on my website:
http://sio2.g0dsoft.com
Halan

Post by Halan »

thanks

however i thought the "fix" of you would removed the blurness... well im looking for a HDR-shader thats not so blurred...
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

CHdrModule(IrrlichtDevice* m_device,scene::ISceneManager* m_smgr,int m_screenx, int m_screeny, float m_exposure, float m_glowres, int m_nearestpower);

//sets scope size 0.25= quarter of screen etc...
void setScope(f32 scope);
//sets focus of camera at this position of the screen
void setFocalPoint(int x,int y,float focusSize);

or you can alter the guassian blur arrays ( i didnt want to pass it as a uniform from the cpu since multiplying that blur value to adjust that blur array every frame is a waste of operations.)
"Irrlicht is obese"

If you want modern rendering techniques learn how to make them or go to the engine next door =p
Halan

Post by Halan »

whats the best way to set the focus (if i guess right for DOF)? using collision detection?

greets,
Halan

edit: to understand me. DOF is allways focousing what is in the center of the screen... so ive to check with collision detection how far that is ...
sio2
Competition winner

Post by sio2 »

Halan wrote:thanks

however i thought the "fix" of you would removed the blurness... well im looking for a HDR-shader thats not so blurred...
No, it's blurred for me. This because the camera isn't focused on anything useful, I believe.

Didn't posttools first demo have keys you could use to focus the camera?
sio2
Competition winner

Post by sio2 »

Halan wrote:thanks

I just checked posttools first DOF demo and you can alter parameters via functions keys. Not sure why he didn't add this to the second demo, though.

As I say, I'm going to port the demo to Direct3D and convert the shaders to HLSL. I'll add his code from the first demo.
qez111

Post by qez111 »

The link for this project is not working. Can someone please provide me with a link?
Thanks.
radubolovan

Re: IRR|Cinema studio: some water for the thirsty

Post by radubolovan »

This is very nice.
omaremad wrote:Coming soon this is a project which most of the code is ready but needs cleaning up and sorted in classes

It is basically a set of classes that enable cinematic like rendering see the following:

-HDR rendering
-motion blur on camera velocity
-scope effect
-focus on certain objects(nodes) mouse pos or manual
-pixel shader based spot light that is easy to use
-light saturation on models for a toon-ish effect ie: sort of like this pic:
( i tried to emulate this method myself this this pic is not the final result)
And the shadows too

But as @qez111 write also, I can't find a working link for a demo/source code/shaders.
What happened?
Xplod

Post by Xplod »

Can someone reupload HDR.exe and Water scene node ? Thanks!
KaL

Post by KaL »

Same here.. Can someone repost the package ?
JP

Post by JP »

Project seems a bit dead, you'll be lucky!
Image Image Image
wuallen

Post by wuallen »

I want your shadow code very much. :)
omaremad wrote:Ok i was trying to do softshaddows with tradtional methods of placing a camera at a light and capturing the images of the shaddow making object then projecting that but that method became too slow when many nodes where used as the too many render targets acted as a limiting factor no matter how simple the scene was

therefore i made my own method that utilises stencil shaddows then blurs them, this method means only one rendertarget is used no matter how many shaddow nodes are used, the stencil shaddow output is then blurred and used.

here is the result

this required allot of manipulation to irrlichts rendering orders but it only changes smg->drawALL() to smgr->drawALL(shaddow)
JP

Post by JP »

As i said a month ago it seems the project is no longer active...

There are other shadow shaders you can get in the projects forum, so search for them ;)
Image Image Image
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

Looking back at this, its quite interesting if its added to irrlicht in fixed function mode. It wont intefere with custom shaders(unless the vertex shader is moving vertices in any way diffrent from the fixed function transform) and wont have all the bugs of shadow mapping.

I'll discuss how we can integrate this on irc.
"Irrlicht is obese"

If you want modern rendering techniques learn how to make them or go to the engine next door =p
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

wont have all the bugs of shadow mapping.
Shon the non-believer, shoooooon... :P
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net