forcing no-streaming with ver. 0.5

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding game design, integration of external libraries here. For irrEdit, irrXML and irrKlang, see the
ambiera forums
lonesock

forcing no-streaming with ver. 0.5

Post by lonesock »

I just noticed an interesting message in my debug window:
"No streaming was specified, but forcing to play sound streamed"
I loaded an ISoundSource and specified irr::audio::ESM_NO_STREAMING, but got this message. I need a way to force this to no-streaming...I have some machines with slow hard-drives, but lots of RAM, and I am playing ~200 3D sounds looped. When the ISoundSource is streamed I get crackle at times when the CPU is at or near 100%. Any chance I could have a irr::audio::ESM_NO_STREAMING_AND_I_REALLY_MEAN_IT flag? ;-)

thanks, and again, great work on this library!
lonesock
Piranha are people too.
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Woha, I understand.
I can add a method for you to change the treshold were irrKlang desides to stream the sound no matter what mode you specified, currently it is one Megabyte, I think. As workaround, maybe you could change the sound to mono or reduce its sample rate, to make it smaller. But I' hope I'll release the next version soon.
lonesock

Post by lonesock »

niko wrote:Woha, I understand.
I can add a method for you to change the treshold were irrKlang desides to stream the sound no matter what mode you specified, currently it is one Megabyte, I think. As workaround, maybe you could change the sound to mono or reduce its sample rate, to make it smaller. But I' hope I'll release the next version soon.
I will try reducing the sample size for now, and thanks for adding the method to adjust the threshold! :D
lonesock
Piranha are people too.