multiple animators problem

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
elhim

multiple animators problem

Post by elhim »

the problem comes in when you have a collision animator and some other animator (for example a "fly straight" one). when you add the collision animator first, you have a problem:
(*ait)->animateNode(this, timeMs);
gets called on the collision animator first and then on the other animators. so for the collision animator the node has not moved, thus the animator does not work. while this isn't much of a bug, you should at least document that the collision animator has to be added AFTER all other ones. and adding a collision animator every time you need to make an object move is also not very good, but *shrug*, i might be wrong.
the other problem is that it works very strange sometimes even when you add it after, it might be my own bug, but i'll have to take a deeper look into this.
elhim

Post by elhim »

this 0.6 on linux, btw.
the other problem that i said might be my own bug is that the collision animator sometimes stops the previously added animtors from moving. anybody had that problem?
Zaelsius

Post by Zaelsius »

Yes I had the same problems, but only happened sometimes.
melon

Post by melon »

It took me WHOLE day to find out that problem.
I understand that Irrlicht is not even 1.0 version but that kind of things should be on API docs (I couldn't find it)
Masdus

Post by Masdus »

API Doc are basically generated automatically from the source, so lots of details are missing. The forum has cataloged most of these, just a matter of searching
nitroman

Post by nitroman »

Yes I had the same problems, but only happened sometimes.
I have an idea:

there should be a list of known bugs.

it could be a sticky topic in this forum, and people can post known bugs that didn't get resolved so other people won't post them again...