Gui customization

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Tonyx

Gui customization

Post by Tonyx »

Just a questions about Irrlicht Gui Customization.
Is possible change window shape?

I see the GUI Editor, but i think is possible change colors only.
Someone know more?
Rytz

Re: Gui customization

Post by Rytz »

Tonyx wrote:Just a questions about Irrlicht Gui Customization.
Is possible change window shape?
You mean resize an IGUIWindow by click-dragging the corners and sides? If so, I'm not sure. I'm guessing not since I didn't see anything in the API for it. I'm pretty sure there is a manual way of changing the window size by API call though.
Tonyx wrote:I see the GUI Editor, but i think is possible change colors only.
Someone know more?
You want to change the color / skin of the window? See irr::gui::IGUISkin for more information or the examples / tutorials that use skins.
Dances

Post by Dances »

There is a command in the API which allows the Irrlicht window to be resizeable. It is

Code: Select all

device->setResizeAble(true);
If you want the window to be non-quadrilateral, though, that would be FAR more complicated.

As far as I know there is no way to make windows inside the GUI resizable and certainly no way to make them non-quadrilateral short of editing the engine's code.

I'm not certain any of this is what you were talking about, though.
Tonyx

Post by Tonyx »

Thank you!

Yes i want make a windows non-quadrilateral, for examples with rounded corners, may be in a future version of irrlicht :D

Bye
Tony.
FlyingIsFun1217

Post by FlyingIsFun1217 »

Tonyx wrote:Thank you!

Yes i want make a windows non-quadrilateral, for examples with rounded corners, may be in a future version of irrlicht :D

Bye
Tony.
I assume your talking about the/a (?) GUI for display within an Irrlicht window. If you mean the actual window that shows the Irrlich content, then its a big no :)

FlyingIsFun1217
Rytz

Post by Rytz »

Dances wrote:There is a command in the API which allows the Irrlicht window to be resizeable. It is

Code: Select all

device->setResizeAble(true);
Thanks - this is good news for me :D.
Rytz

Post by Rytz »

Actually I did see setResizeAble now that I looked at it again but that's for Irrlicht devices. Is there a way to adjust an IGUIWindow size by click-dragging the window corners / sides?