Big Question,How do I load .md3 files into irrlicht??

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Elfloard2

Big Question,How do I load .md3 files into irrlicht??

Post by Elfloard2 »

Hello

I would like to know how, one would go about loading .md3 models into irrlicht. First and Foremost, the model is broken up into 3 different parts with the animation info separate. So if anyone knows how one goes about loading .md3 models with their animations in irrlicht, please explain it to the rest of usstep by step , as if we were children :)
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

I think the loader is still broken. We'll have to wait for Thomas to fix it.
Dances

Post by Dances »

In the meantime you can use a program like Biturn to convert the files to another format better supported; like 3ds or OBJ or something: http://mirex.mypage.sk/index.php?selected=1 Milkshape would also work but is not free.
Elfloard2

Post by Elfloard2 »

In the meantime you can use a program like Biturn to convert the files to another format better supported; like 3ds or OBJ or something: http://mirex.mypage.sk/index.php?selected=1 Milkshape would also work but is not free.

Thankyou, but what about the issue of the body being broken up into four different parts. I’ve been working with md2 files all of this time. As you know the md2 two format has the mesh and it's animation in one file but in .md3 files, it seems to be the body is broken up into 3 different files and the animation is in a fourth file. If this is so, could you explain to an me how I would go about putting the different parts together and getting the animations up and running from the animation.cfg file, or is that not possible even with the tool.
Dances

Post by Dances »

I've never worked with an MD3 split into 4 files. Everything has always been in one when I used them... are all the parts .md3 files? You could try converting them all if they all have same extension, and still use them as 4 separate parts... Otherwise I don't think Biturn can help...